Twiss

Failed MOT on Headlights

Its been years since I was on the forum mainly having put old girl away and forgotten while life happens. I digress… Decided to get the Corrado out cleaned up, go through some basics and put in for an MOT and she failed on both headlights. They are not projecting correctly and are more like spot lights. Having said this it is the only thing she failed on. I have been reading lots of posts about aftermarket headlights like In Pro or Spyder but if I do find a supplier they just say LHD/RHT only.

VW have none In stock any where ( not surprising )

VW Heritage may have a n/S lens.

I'm sure its the reflectors that have gone.

I need help in either having the O.E units refurbished or finding a aftermarket pair for UK Roads.

Corrado 16v 1990

Thanks for any help.

I agree with Dox . It’s only a personal thing but I think the after market lights are a no . If the bulbs dont get it through an mot ,I would go for the lense refurbishment.

http://www.dual-metallising.co.uk/

These guys can refurbish your reflectors and they make a huge difference. Don't worry about the glass as long as you don't have huge cracks in them.

I've just gone through the exact same process and am very happy with the results. Mine hadn't actually *failed* the MOT but the tester was clear that they were being generous in passing it and it's certainly true that the beam pattern was almost invisible. It's razor sharp now.

The only difficulty is the useless adjuster thing which will break when you attempt to disassemble the unit. Reassembling that is a pain in the butt.