Sign in to follow this  
kangaroo

Cleaning black trim

Can anyone recommend a product for cleaning my black trim (side strips, roof strips, handles, etc) so they look a little blacker? They're not bad, but compared to the black paintwork they look grey... I tried Back to Black on my Golf several years ago, but it was rubbish. The bumpers were grey again within a week.

Seeing as I'm going to do a mega-polish this weekend I'm also going need it for getting rid of the inevitable 'polish-on-the-trim' accidents :roll:

Autoglym bumper care or plastic and vinyl care are pretty good. I've clear laqured my grille and chin spoiler, so they never need doing again :wink: The rest of the plastics are coded, so it's wash and go for me :lol:

Smells good too :D

Don't you need to update your sig to include the bad-ass rear seat mod? :lol:

Cheers for the replies. I think I may try the autoglym, as I can pick that up at the local Halfords before the weekend.

Kiwi shoe dye (not polish). Only needs doing about 2 times a year. Ive tried them all and Autoglym snot is ok but soon washes off after heavy rain. This was on my mk2 as well and you know how much plastic they have.

Its a bitch to do so make sure you dont get any on the body work but seeing as your car is black it wont be to bad. Any shoe dye should work. I used the little bottle from Woolworths with a home made applicator sponge. Make sure you have a fairly dense sponge as the dye soon breaks it up. The guys on Clubgti swear by this method.