Sign in to follow this  
TomB

Tyre advice

Sorry to bring up the old chestnut of tyres once again, but I'm going to have to get some soon (sooner if I go on a track day), and was wondering what everyone recommends?

I'm currently running on 185/55 fitted to the 15" Sebring alloys. I'm after a good blend of cost/quality (isn't everyone?), and was considering Pirelli P6000s.

Any recommendations or 'don't touch these with a bargepole.' comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tom

I changed to TOYO Proxes last time i needed some tyres from michelin pilots and the difference is incredible in both wet and dry.

I will never go back to pirelli's or michelins after trying these they're absolutely brilliant and a very reasonable price.

I thought I'd try some BF Goodrich G-Force Profilers, meaty looking tread pattern, seem to grip really well in the dry, not seen wet weather yet, got them at £41 fitted . Toyo have just changed the Proxes I believe but not sure of availablity of old / new stock

i got Toyo's on mine and cant fault them but then again Pirelli tend to grip very well to but are a much longer lasting tyre,, which may draw me towards pirelli

my favs are Goodyear F1's...

mine too, had em put on four weeks ago and difference to yoko's i had on before is fantastic - like glue in the bends. highly recommended, mine cost £50 corner.