GusNI

1993 Corrado VR6 Midnight Blue based in Northern Ireland

For sale - my late uncle's pride and joy his VR6 Corrado in Midnight Blue. He was the second owner, the first owner sold it in to him after 8 months in 1993. The car has 99k miles on the clock. The dash was swapped out due to a fault at around 40k miles and this was noted and stamped in the log book, hence the mileage is currently showing as 62k miles. Bodywork including the original paintwork is in good condition for a car of this age. There are a few minor scrapes and chips. A mechanic has checked under the car and given the bodywork the once over and has advised that it is in really good condition. There are a few small spots of corrosion on the wheel arches but would be easy to fix. The interior is apparently very rare with Recaro cloth and leather electric seats. He didn't have any kids so the back seats have never been sat on. The front have some wear and tear on the leather but have been told this can be easily refurbed.

The car was serviced regularly by Agnew's in Belfast and has a comprehensive VW service history. I have put a new battery in the car and it is starting and running smoothly. The electrics seem to be working well - the electric seats and rear spoiler are working as can be seen in the photos. The ABS light is staying on when the car is started. The car has a Laserline Thatcham immobiliser with two electronic keys.

The car was MOT'd up until the end of 2013. Unfortunately due to ill health my uncle was unable to drive it after this so it sat under his car-port without being driven for the last 6 years. Having sat for a period of time, the car does need some TLC. A good service, and any of the perishable parts are likely to need replacing. Wheels and tyres seem in good condition. The car is currently SORN.

My uncle would have loved the car to go to an enthusiast who can enjoy the car as much as he did. The car is in Bangor N.Ireland and would be a great option for someone looking for a project to take on. £5950 ONO. Please feel free to get in contact on 07713 741 490 for details.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96659[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96666[/ATTACH]

Edited by GusNI

The limited edition interior,mileage, body colour will sell this car for you mate, best of luck with sale I didn't even know recaro did the seats in cloth and leather fantastic.

Edited by Keyo

Put it on ebay, most people here already own one.

Everyone thinks this is the place to sell for a good price, it just doesn't happen here.

For sale - my late uncle's pride and joy his VR6 Corrado in Midnight Blue. He was the second owner, the first owner sold it in to him after 8 months in 1993. The car has 103k miles on the clock. The dash was swapped out due to a fault at around 40k miles and this was noted and stamped in the log book, hence the mileage is currently showing as 62k miles. Bodywork including the original paintwork is in good condition for a car of this age. There are a few minor scrapes and chips. A mechanic has checked under the car and given the bodywork the once over and has advised that it is in really good condition. There are a few small spots of corrosion on the wheel arches but would be easy to fix. The interior is apparently very rare with Recaro cloth and leather electric seats. He didn't have any kids so the back seats have never been sat on. The front have some wear and tear on the leather but have been told this can be easily refurbed.

The car was serviced regularly by Agnew's in Belfast and has a comprehensive VW service history. I have put a new battery in the car and it is starting and running smoothly. The electrics seem to be working well - the electric seats and rear spoiler are working as can be seen in the photos. The ABS light is staying on when the car is started. The car has a Laserline Thatcham immobiliser with two electronic keys.

The car was MOT'd up until the end of 2013. Unfortunately due to ill health my uncle was unable to drive it after this so it sat under his car-port without being driven for the last 6 years. Having sat for a period of time, the car does need some TLC. A good service, and any of the perishable parts are likely to need replacing. Wheels and tyres seem in good condition. The car is currently SORN.

My uncle would have loved the car to go to an enthusiast who can enjoy the car as much as he did. The car is in Bangor N.Ireland and would be a great option for someone looking for a project to take on. £5950 ONO. Please feel free to get in contact on 07713 741 490 for details.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96659[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96665[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96661[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96662[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96663[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96660[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96666[/ATTACH]

its a shame that is located in Northern Ireland as I am looking for a VR at the moment :(

Good luck with the sale as it looks pretty good

its a shame that is located in Northern Ireland as I am looking for a VR at the moment :(

Good luck with the sale as it looks pretty good

I flew to the isle of man for one of mine and ferried it back.

I flew to the isle of man for one of mine and ferried it back.

It's worth travelling or shipping with that interior you can see the owner really looked after this car. The ABS light could just be a sensor. It's in Northen Ireland so part of the UK so not to much hasstle in my opinion. See if you get the op to get it serviced and running and MOT , or hire a trailer and get the ferry. This car is woth spending money on , good mileage, colour and looks unlmolested I would go for this if I was on the hunt for one as long as it was accident free,Looks like it might of had the front callipers upgraded.

Edited by Keyo

It's worth travelling or shipping with that interior you can see the owner really looked after this car. The ABS light could just be a sensor. It's in Northen Ireland so part of the UK so not to much hasstle in my opinion. See if you get the op to get it serviced and running and MOT , or hire a trailer and get the ferry. This car is woth spending money on , good mileage, colour and looks unlmolested I would go for this if I was on the hunt for one as long as it was accident free,Looks like it might of had the front callipers upgraded.

My reply was to toledovr6, I'm not interested, own 2 Corrados and 3 other cars atm

Re the abs, people run these cars with the light on forever, so when you start to diagnose the fault several things will be faulty, the car I bought from the IOM had the light on permanently, changed a wheel sensor, then it went intermittent, changed the pump to remove inlet / outlet codes and still intermittent, changed the pedal travel sensor and all's now good.

Not necessarily several things faulty but you might have to change several parts to iliminate the fault or even one could cure it, just depends how lucky you are. Start off with the cheapest.

Edited by Keyo

Not necessarily several things faulty but you might have to change several parts to iliminate the fault or even one could cure it, just depends how lucky you are. Start off with the cheapest.

Not if you have VCDS, I have a pre canbus set up on an old laptop, as well as a genuine current set up, all 6 cars in the household are VAG.

I do like those seats! - not a huge fan of full leather, but that is very nice.. and in Recaro flavor too!

I wonder if the electric seats still move , got to be the best looking seats for the Rado. Does anyone know what option this was as you have the Reacaro cloth seats or what seat options were available ?? They are oringinal from factory ?

interesting thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?38393-Electric-recaro-trim-options

These may well be the same seats in the car. Think they were only suppield on left hookers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?82350-Genuine-Corrado-Electric-Half-Leather-Recaros-Price-Reduced

https://petrolicious.com/articles/a-teenage-dream-realized-restored-1991-volkswagen-corrado-now-boasts-vr6-power

Edited by Keyo

Thanks for the replies everyone. The seats move still on both driver and passenger sides. One button adjusts the seat height at the back, the other adjusts the back part of the seat. The seats still have the usual lift-bar at the front to slide the seats back and forwards.

In terms of location the car is about 10 mins from George Best Airport in Belfast. Happy to pick anyone up and leave them back if they are genuinely interested. Belfast International airport is about 30 mins away but again no issues transporting someone if needed. It is also about 15 mins drive from the Belfast to Liverpool ferry terminal.

If you have any questions or need me to post a video of anything just let me know please.

Thanks !

Hi Everyone,

Quite a few enquiries about the car but no offers yet. A few people were asking about the spec. I have posted a picture of the delivery sticker which shows the various options (these can be decoded on-line on a few VW sites). I have also taken a photo of the service book to show how frequently he serviced the car when it was being driven.

Any other questions just let me know please.

Thanks, Angus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96675[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]96676[/ATTACH]

I wonder if the electric seats still move , got to be the best looking seats for the Rado. Does anyone know what option this was as you have the Reacaro cloth seats or what seat options were available ?? They are oringinal from factory ?

interesting thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?38393-Electric-recaro-trim-options

These may well be the same seats in the car. Think they were only suppield on left hookers.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?82350-Genuine-Corrado-Electric-Half-Leather-Recaros-Price-Reduced

https://petrolicious.com/articles/a-teenage-dream-realized-restored-1991-volkswagen-corrado-now-boasts-vr6-power

Looking at the photos, I'd say you are spot on with the 'left hooker' comment. The outer bolster on the passenger seat is showing a lot more wear than the outer bolster on the drivers seat which would be normal for a left hooker.

I’m not sure Leon, I always remember the seats being like that and I don’t remember him saying he changed them at any point. I posted the options codes from the original purchase sticker so not sure if those shed any more light. His wife didn’t have great mobility due to a medical condition so unless the extra wear was around how she had to manoeuvre to get in and out.

Typical VR6 option codes are shown below. The only mention of seats is Q1D .......... sports front seats

VR6

X2B = national sales program Great Britain

B0N = component parts set, complying with vehicle type for Great Britain, various parts

C5K = alloy wheels 9J x 19

G0C = 5-speed manual transmission

H1V = TYRES 205/50 R 15 V

J1L = battery 280 A (60 Ah)

M1M = 6-cylinder gasoline engine 2.9 L/140 kW VR6 Motronic, closed-loop catalytic converter, base engine is T6Q

Q1D = sports front seats

1AE = electronic differential lock (EDL/ABS)

1G9 = space-saving spare wheel for temporary use, radial tire (5-hole)

1MV = leather steering wheel

3AE = outer right rear view mirror: flat, powered, heated

3BF = outer left rear view mirror: convex, powered, heated

T6Q = components for, base engine, unit 021.D

3FD = electric sliding/pop-up sunroof

9BA = without additional electric safety package

9HA = without additional malfunction display

9C2 = without special low beam mode but with "coming and leaving home" function for ROW"

8GD = alternator 90A

8RL = six loudspeakers (passive)

8TD = rear fog light for driving on the left

4A3 = seat heater for front seats separately controlled

8BF = halogen headlight for driving on the left

8WD = integrated front fog light

1BA = standard suspension/shock absorption

Thanks Leon for sending.

I appreciate Northern Ireland isn't the handiest location for anyone interested. I know a few people on the forum are from N.Ireland. I'm happy if someone local on the forum would like to have a look at it in person even if they are not looking to buy it. They could then perhaps answer any questions independently about the condition etc.

Thanks Leon for sending.

I appreciate Northern Ireland isn't the handiest location for anyone interested. I know a few people on the forum are from N.Ireland. I'm happy if someone local on the forum would like to have a look at it in person even if they are not looking to buy it. They could then perhaps answer any questions independently about the condition etc.

What you have to remember chap is that classic cars are a smaller market then mainstream cars, also I beleive people are actually still recovering costs from black friday , manic maonday, christmas ha ! It dont matter if they are not the original seats thay are sort after .

Edited by Keyo

Hi everyone, the VR6 is still for sale. I have had a lot of enquiries, a few viewings a quite a few tyre-kickers :)

I am going to be travelling quite a bit with work in the next few weeks so keen to get it off my driveway. I have reduced the price to £5k to try and seal the deal. Very good value for low mileage, two owner VR6 with good service history. Feel free to get in contact if you might be interested.

Problem is that it’s not roadworthy and therefore needs trailered away.

Not cheap if you have to hire a trailer or arrange a transport agent, then ferry costs.

Looks a nice car I’m sure those seats are American spec SLC seats.

GLWS

I do like those seats! - not a huge fan of full leather, but that is very nice.. and in Recaro flavor too!

Leather rear cards and cloth door cards would suggest that the interior has changed from factory. Very nice seats though.

I would be worth putting the car in for an MoT. It may pass you never know. If it fails, it will give prospective buyers an idea of what work needs doing. £5k is a big gamble for most people.

Price now reduced to £4500 - keen to sell as going on holiday soon. Still getting a lot of enquiries, appreciate N.Ireland isn't the handiest location for lots of people. A couple of enquiries have priced getting it delivered to England and it would be around £400.

That is the registration number. The last MOT expired Nov 2013. The car was off-road since then and is SORN. The MOT would have been in N.Ireland, not sure if your web-site shows these as MOT's here are still carried out by government centres rather than approved garages. If you have any other queries please let me know.

Hi everyone, the Corrado has now been sold. Thanks everyone for the advice, tips and enquiries during the process !

• Like 1