smig

Sunroof internal cover/blind

Right, my sunroof is fully functional, it tilts and slides.

When it tilts, the internal cover doesn’t lift with the roof. Presumably it should?

If so, what’s likely to be broke or damaged?

Cheers

There are two little silver "S" shaped pivot bars that lift the internal cover, one on each side near the front of the mechanism - check that these are present on both sides and correctly located.

There are two little silver "S" shaped pivot bars that lift the internal cover, one on each side near the front of the mechanism - check that these are present on both sides and correctly located.

Thanks for replying, I'll check this later :-)

Edit. Cant see an S at all. See pic. Where does it attach?

Edited by smig

From the photos it looks like your trim isn’t attached to the sunroof. You should be adle to pull it forward into postition not sure how it attaches to the sunroof panel though, think there are a couple of fasteners and the slide bit pushes into a lock at the front, you may have take the roof liner out.

Yeah, it's in the second picture - you can't see the other part that hooks under the trim, but that's the it you're looking for. It might be the case that someone fitted a mechanism from a moonroof onto your car as a replacement and then put the metal panel back on instead of the glass one to keep it looking original from the outside.

I can’t find the item circled on the pic below. Is this the part that lifts the internal cover when tilting?

What does the item attach to?

Yes, that's the part - one on each side. I'd say it's possible either the mech was repaired and they were not put back in, or you have a moonroof type mechanism with the original roof panel on it instead of the glass.

When you remove the cassette from the car the centre cloth bit comes out with it but I can’t remember how it comes to bits once on the bench. I’m inclined to agree with fend that you have a different cassette with a Corrado sunroof panel in it because the bits you’ve circled aren’t visible in your photos and it needs them to slide:tilt as when they are broken the sunroof won’t drop down properly, I think because yours works as it should without them yours is off something different. That sunroof cover thing you can see the end of I bet that’s not the right part either, can you pull it forward and take a picture.

from what I remember and can see from your pictures with the sunroof adventure I had :( - that doesn't look like an original Corrado mechanism... if you do source an original the lifters that slide and tilt the internal trim really are made out of monkey metal and snap very easily. maybe try and source a glass panel?

Could be worth getting the panel off and getting a few more pictures so we can help identify it too?

Unless there were different revisions I'm afraid that isnt a stock Corrado sunroof. the hammer and guides are different and there is no way for it to pull the trim back into place.

I would ether source a stock cassette or look to go down the glass option?

Yes, I'd agree there - not an original Corrado mechanism. All these sunroof mechs work in more or less the same way, and some parts are interchangeable, with some differences. The lifters for the trim are the missing pieces. The glass roof ones come with a vented trim panel that slides back by hand and doesn't lift.

Hello. I have replaced the sunroof in my Corrado with a Corrado sunroof (so I so have the liner lifting arms) but cannot see how the liner fits back - everything else is in and I thought it just slid back and clipped in but it seems that is not the case! It took quite a whack to unclip it when I took it out but I am wary of pushing too hard putting it back lest I break off the arms. Is there a knack to refitting the liner? Cheers

David

Hello. I have replaced the sunroof in my Corrado with a Corrado sunroof (so I so have the liner lifting arms) but cannot see how the liner fits back - everything else is in and I thought it just slid back and clipped in but it seems that is not the case! It took quite a whack to unclip it when I took it out but I am wary of pushing too hard putting it back lest I break off the arms. Is there a knack to refitting the liner? Cheers

David

Problem solved - and so easy when you know how! Raise the roof and lift the cover and slide it in - simple!