Sign in to follow this  
mhoult

help water pi**ing out the top of my VR6

I was driving my vr6 today when I spotted the water temp light flashing. Stopped the car and steam was coming from everywhere. After investigation coolant was everywhere under the bonnet.

On tickover nothing comes out, if I rev it a couple of times coolant pisses out of the top RHS of the engine, it seems to be coming out under the VR6 DOHC cover, then pouring over the 3 connections hid under the plastic cover (I think these are connected to the water pump?)

It takes about 4 mins to empty the tank.

Please help, what is at the top of the engine that can cause this?

Sounds like it could be the thermostat housing has let go. Quite a common point for coolant leaks! That's the black plastic housing bolted to the front of the engine with the three sensors in.

HTH,

Robbo

Auxilary water pump mate.... sits just back and under the coil pack...

Pretty sure thats your problem.

10 min job to replace and £30 from GSF. 8)

The water is coming out a lot higher than the housing. If you look at the engine the water is coming out at about the same level as the fuel rail. It is seeping out onto the inlet manifold as well.

The car itself is running fine and no problem with the oil being contaminated etc.

:shock:

Then get your head in there and have a look :lol:

Could be the top hose has split? perhaps due to worn engine mounts tugging the hose?

more than likely the pipe that goes from the head to the throttle body and heater matrix,mine went a few weeks ago,i just cut a bit off the pipe and clamped it back on till i get hold of some samcos

By the look of it I need to remove the inlet manifold to see where it is coming from. Unforunately the baby relies on me and I wont be looking tonight. Anyone have a picture of what is under the inlet manifold?

Thanks for the help.

Come on lads, is there not one person who can tell me what I will find when removing the intake :shock:

There is something on that top end that can seriously throw all my water out.

Ps the pipe to the heater matrix seems fine.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Get some pictures up and point out where water is coming from ....

a picture is worth a thousand words....

crew will be better than the night peeps. Too much special brew me thinks :roll:

There must be a lot of you that have taken pics of your shrek :D install.

C owner for 2 weeks and feeling alone!

Do you mean from under where the arrow is?

Aux water pump is there, mine used to leak but not to the extent your sounds too be.

If not edit picture to show where.

sounds to me like the aux coolant pump too......mine went a couple of years ago........but not too badly and thankfully under warranty......i noticed pools of water on top of the G/box first thing in the morning when mine had gone

The coolant is coming out of the top front RHS (when viewed from the front of the car)

I am unable to post a pic at the mo as I am getting a broken pipe error???

So on the previous picture the arrow wants moving down.

Sorted, it was the pipe from the block to the heater matrix in the car. It had split around the back out of sight hence the coolant was being sprayed towards the front of the car and emerging on the inlet and near the injector rail.

Thanks for the help.

:D

more than likely the pipe that goes from the head to the throttle body and heater matrix,mine went a few weeks ago,i just cut a bit off the pipe and clamped it back on till i get hold of some samcos

8) where i said then