Sign in to follow this  
Pat_McCrotch

Road Angel 2 Group Buy?

I'm up for one if you haven't counted me already ;)

Bear in mind legislation is going through Parliament which intends to outlaw "detectors" that have laser location devices incorporated. That would mean the New Road Angel would be illegal. Devices which use GPS only to inform of camera location will remain legal. The Classic Road Angel can be used as such because its laser tracking function can be detached from the main unit.

Just a thought............

Bear in mind legislation is going through Parliament which intends to outlaw "detectors" that have laser location devices incorporated. That would mean the New Road Angel would be illegal. Devices which use GPS only to inform of camera location will remain legal. The Classic Road Angel can be used as such because its laser tracking function can be detached from the main unit.

Just a thought............

I heard this too!

The government are wanting to ban these things, so it'll be illegal to own, buy, & sell them.

In other words the government do not want us to have warning of speed traps etc so that they can generate more £££'s in revenue through speeding fines & increased insurance premiums.

B*stards. :evil:

Is the group buy still going ahead?

My girlfriend has the original Road Angel & it is a good bit of kit. I have been looking to change from my radar detector (bel 550) to a gps based system for a while now. I was thinking of a Micro Roadpilot or an Origin B2 but this price is too good to miss.

Cheers,

Rob.

Well recommended piece of kit, i have had a Road Angel for some time now and recently upgraded to the Road Angel 2. This is a genuine upgrade on the first offering and in my opinion has made it a must have for your car, irrespective of your driving style or mileage. If i did not allready have one i would be jumping at this very attractive deal.

OK, we have five people so the GB can go ahead :)

I have the following people confirmed;

julez (possibly 2?)

Campaign

Andi

peterl

brookescourt

You will all get a PM very shortly :)

@ STORM2: I have been hearing these rumours ever since the original Road Angels came out, so I take rumours like that not with a pinch of salt, but a Gritter Lorry :wink:

My local landrover dealer is doing them for £299 inc VAT....

Sorry, but LR's main built in safety feature is that they don't go that fast... :lol: :? :wink:

well tell them you'll take 20 with a bulk discount!

Sorry, but LR's main built in safety feature is that they don't go that fast... :lol: :? :wink:

hahahahah, I did once get a LR Defender 90 Tdi up to 85mph downhill on the M25!!! but its a little like a tank on water at that speed.... lol

My dad has just informed me that the £299 inc VAT price is without the radar attachment...opps...sorry. :oops:

Er fella's I think our illustrious govt are about to ban devices that tell you where camera's are.

Whilst driving home last week it was mentioned on the news and they did not mention radar or laser. They said devices that tell you where cameras are located.

:) As with all thse things its a question of intrepretation, vote B-Liar, vote more camera's, vote for ways of trying to stop methods that allow you to avoid this tax, more war, more tax, more mates with highly paid jobs doing sod all but being driven around in a chauffer driven car in Europe. For those of you who dont know, Mandy's been put there for when Tony needs an ally for his race to be president of Europe....Oh and he's my mate as well, said Tony.

I HATE POLITICIANS - :mad: Rant over.