rhd16v

Ahoy.

Hey all, long time VW owner first time Corrado owner. Just picked up a 1992 Corrado 16v. One owner, and all original. A friend shipped it over from across the pond and I picked it up in St. John’s FL and drove it to its new home 1248 miles away in NH. Car drove like a champ and did it with no issues. It’s got some quirks but the bones are all there and I cant wait to get into it. Cheers.

Congratulations on your new car, I like your style with a 1,200+ mile test drive! Mate of mine bought an old 911 Targa from California a couple of years ago and is still scared to drive it beyond the end of the street!

What plans do you have for it?

Congrats

An impressive mission to obtain a Corrado.

Enjoy your new toy.

A few pics would be nice.

Great story - best of luck with the car. Can't be many 16v ones over there - only G60 and SLC.

Thanks guys, the plan is to repair some of the bubbling rust by the gas cap, lower left door, and battery tray. Then I’ve got to sort out suspension, and wheels. I’d like to go through all the bushings as well to tighten up the front end.

Eventually I’d love a 16vt but that’s a bit down the road.

I’ll post some pics ASAP.

Totally forgot to post some pictures. Here’s a couple from the progress it’s made in the last 10-11months.

0e59fedc4842395d2c1fc5e8c69af628.jpg

d73d2b8fd7b50a042fd2c923c5bd6df5.jpg

Did wheels and suspension upgrades last spring. NGP Type1 coilovers, top mounts, bushings, wheel bearings, rotors and pad.

c686934a59d1b2f19e29f30f23f37713.jpg

Since then I have removed the fuel system and converted to yzf1000 bike carbs, bogg brothers manifold, spoonfed rain cowl, and some wiring and bracket removal (and a bunch of cleaning). Going to sand and paint the bay when it gets warm.

7ded6554fb9dd1487aa7a47b2bd0b27f.jpg

Refinishing a set of RH ZW1’s now to run this season. I plan on enjoying the car for a bit before any large paint/engine work in the fall.

4a0149cd314696432022c60469b4ab66.jpg

Tons more pics and info on my Vortex thread called The New Project.

Cheers buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro