mooG60

Fitting a VR6 Radiator to a G60

Has anyone fitted a VR6 radiator to their G60 and could give me some advice from their experience of doing so please?

Cheers

I haven’t but on a VR6 the left hand peg if you a stood infront of the engine goes in the top of the bracket in the photo. The VR6 slam panel is slightly different as well to take the radiator, I have an after market radiator of a similar size and have a bracket off the slam panel upright. Hope this helps

Thanks for the pics Shaun

Didn't really want to go down this road but I have failed finding the correct rad sadly.

I think I might just wait for VW Heritage to get stock or possibly buy one of the aftermarket alloy rads I see advertised.

Cheers

It shows no longer available.

I didn't consider the price of the VR6 fan assembly needed to do the conversion. My rad is only leaking a little bit under pressure so I'm thinking that waiting for availability may be the best option. I've spent far to much already, if I can just do a straight swap I will just have to swallow the inflated price.

Thanks for the link

Considering my local factors told me £200 plus vat for a Valeo it's decent price.

They told me the next day that there was no stock, which has been a common theme, I order, pay the money, get an email 48hrs later saying sorry and my money refunded.

I will order one now and wait fingers crossed for next weeks reply.

Thanks for the link

*Edit* The rad shown in that link is for a VR6 although it's listed for G60, the Valeo number is in correct.

no stock sadly https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/spares-search.html?keyword=731401

Edited by mooG60