Keyo

Replacement of rear stock speakers

I believe you will need to remove or bend up two of the opposing tabs to fit the Alpines.

VR^ South,

You are correct the front dash speakers are not a direct fit, the corner tabs of the speaker will have to be modified to fit into the speaker grill.

Good stuff - you have me wanting to go dig those old JBLs out of storage and change mine out now.

Good stuff - you have me wanting to go dig those old JBLs out of storage and change mine out now.

If you have them I would def swap them out , unplug speaker, three bolts underneath each trim, philips screw on seat belt lower trim , remove trim and undo 2 philips screws, speaker will now drop out, undo four bolts holding grill on to speaker, bingo.

Just fitted the door card speakers and the Alpine are a direct fit with no modding what so ever, gave the the wing mirror contacts a nice spray with the old wd40 electric contact cleaner spray and now that is working a treat as well, happy days. Put a small copper pipe on the door locking pin and that directed the door card nicely back in to position.