Jamie

Windscreen Plastic Trims

Are the plastic trims down the sides of the windscreen removable or does the screen have to come out to replace them?

They are usually destroyed while removing the screen and the screen has to come out to swap them as they get bonded in with the screen

I don't think they are bonded in - mine wasn't, and I needed to replace the top trim piece.

They should just slot in tightly, if I recall correctly. Maybe someone else can confirm?

I got a replacement kit from this guy on Ebay a few years ago:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-CORRADO-1989-1996-WINDSCREEN-MOULDING-TRIM-SET-INNER-LEFT-RIGHT-TOP-OUTER/113295878325?fits=Model%3ACorrado&epid=13025912349&hash=item1a60f5e8b5:g:F1YAAOSwuNNb9CbO

*edit*

I see the original poster is referring to the 2 side pieces, now I'm not so sure if they are bonded in or not

Oh how annoying. God knows how but one of mine got broken by a body shop (who weren’t doing anything anywhere near the screen) and I thought they just pressed in until I went to replace them today.

Not sure it’s worth having the screen in and out just to replace it...

If your screen doesn’t leak and isn’t cracked don’t change it till u have to. Complete t38t and cost loads and no fitter can 100% say no problem after, if he does take him up on his offer.

I broke the screen on mine while getting the trims out before it went in the paintshop, but that was preferable to the screen fitter wrecking one removing the glass!

They are glued to the screen in most cases.

Yeah that’s what it looks like. I reckon I could get the OS off pretty easily but typically it’s the NS one that’s broken and I don’t want to risk cracking the screen. Think I’ll just live with it till I get round to painting it.

Yes usually glued to the screen, I have thrown 2 pairs of brand new ones away too as nobody seemed to want them :/