pistolpete

Anyone know this Storm For Sale?

Don’t know the car but be careful to check if it’s a real Storm

There are fake ones out there

Though for that price, if the car is decent it probably doesn’t really matter

There's no pictures on the ad any more and it says "awaiting collection". Only way to be sure is to refer the chassis number back to VW. Green ones are easier to fake as that colour/leather combination was available anyway. The ad mentions there's a few things to do, but not what they are...

Reg is N958 SOE

Yeah there were some photos on the eBay sale page, but like you say have been removed.

Possibly could be sold now as it says- awaiting collection.

Mileage on eBay advert 209k

Si

Edited by vw rule

This is pretty much all I can find out on it:

First registered 3rd August 1995

Primary colour = green

MOT until 8th July 2020

Also says total MOT tests 17,

not sure if that is correct,

possibly could have been off the road for a few years.

MOT from 1998 will be the old hand written type up to roughly 2002/3 then afterwards changed to the new computerized format.

History I've seen goes back to 2006 on the MOT website, so before that current owner/seller should have service history to prove.

Update:

No MOT test was done in 2015 so possibly off the road.

And again in 2017

MOT testing logged for this Corrado from 2006 to 2014

Then from 2016 and stops.

MOT again in 2018 to 2019

Mileage 208168 at recent MOT

Date tested 20th June 2019

MOT PASS

advisories:

Brake pipe corroded, covered in grease or other material all underbody (1.1.11 ©)

Front Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output both headlamps tarnished (4.1.4 (b))

signs of corrosion throughout exhaust system

Last couple of years had problems with ABS warning light staying on, according to MOT history, but has since been sorted by the looks of it ?

Check service history for above,

if you go and look at it.

PS I can see mileage from 2006 if anyone on here needs it, if going to look at car.

Hope this helps

Si

Edited by vw rule

Thanks for the info guys, as you say it looks like it has been sold as now awaiting collection, but it's been for sale for a while on various sites so it may pop up again. I have to travel from Northern Ireland to view, hence I was trying to find out as much as I could before committing to travel over. Perhaps the mileage was putting people off, or perhaps there is something else wrong with it as I was certain a genuine Storm model at that money would have been snapped up immediately (it was originally priced at £4950).

Anyway, I'll keep looking and see what comes up in future.

Thanks again

Mot history not the best either, nothing bad but not cherished either

You will get a better non-Strom VR6 for 5K with probably half the miles.

@200k the Storm will likely need (if not already) timing chains (& head refurb + clutch as makes sense if in bits), bodywork tidy inc. underside and general refreshing all round on bushes etc = so £6k to £9k’s spending if you get professionals to do it.

My 150k vr6 drove nice when I bought it (FSH, tidy MOT history, long term owners) but my timing chain tensioner was on its last legs (unknown to me until I had the chains done) and my suspension bushes were all shot as I have found since having them all replaced! I reckon my car isn’t worth more than 5k and it wants for nothing as mechanically it has been completely replaced/refurbished in the last year except for the bottom end of the engine. It isn’t for sale though but I’m sure you could find something similar.

Also there are more than 16 storms left, most were not registered on the log book as Storms so the “how many left” guidance isn’t right.