Erallus

Lupo SDI - 2005 155,000 miles

Make: Volkswagen

Model: Lupo

MOT:*13/03/20

TAX: 01/03/20 (but cannot transfer this anymore), Tax is £30 Annually)

Engine size: 1.7

Fuel type: Diesel

Mielage

150,000 (currently still in use, so increases)

Description including modifications:

I'm the third owner from 16/03/13 onwards. Its my daily driver, but its starting to have a few mechanical issues, which I don't have the time to sort myself, so I'm hoping to sell it on as a light project for someone.

The car runs and drives, and starts every time.

Mechanic problems that need attention:

- The Gearbox has started to wyne in the lower gears. This is due to the selector seal needing replacing and hasn't been sorted. I was quoted 1200 to source and fix the gearbox. It would benefit from an oil change. I will include the selector seal part with the sale. The noise isn't very loud (doesn't sound like a super charger, but is noticeable. Its been like this for about a year now.

- I've seen on this forum the repair kit for the intenral gearboxes is around 120 quid? Hopefully this can be sorted by someone who has the time. I don't, unfortunatly/

- The bodywork is scuffed, there is also some surface rust on the rear wheel arches. I treated this with some wire wool and hammerite, but has come back. This hasn't rotted through the panel yet.

- One of the door strips has fallen off and left the ruber residue on the door.

- There is a dent in the rear quarter panel (probably from a bollard, was like that when I bought it)

- The car has been used all year round. The interior is in need of a good deep clean. There are some stains on the front seats and has a cigarette burn on the rear seat. This is from a previous owner, and the car does not smell of cigarrettes (perhaps a careless passenger)

- The Aux belt has started to get noisey at idle (will include a new Aux belt)

- The wheel arch covers are missing.

- The engine under covers are not fitted, but included in sale.

- Rear suspension bump stops are torn and would benefit from replacing. I assume the rear suspension is original, as I've never touched it.

Rear tyres are old and have been on the car from before I owned it, they are starting to get some hair line cracks, however it passed MOT without advisories

- Steel wheels have surface rust

- Original VW Wheel trims present, but scuffed

Service history.

Part service history. Full folder of receipts during my ownership. I have serviced the vehicle myself for most of its ownership. Very little history prior to my ownership.

During my ownership I have done, or changed the following:

- Cambelt done twice, last done 17/09/18 142646 miles (done by a local garage)

- Front suspension fully replaced with genuine VW parts 28/02/17

- Power steering hose replaced 14/03/17 mileiege, 139727

- Front Tyres replaced 2014, Kumo's

- Alternator, Aux belt, Tensioner, 23/11/15 mielege 135638

- NS front ball joint replaced 23/11/15, mielege 135638

- Rear brake wheel cylinder, Shoes, shoe fitting kit and Fuel filter changed 01/03/19, Mileige 142646

- Front exhaust pipe with CAT, gaskets reniewed 17/10/14, Miliege 129887

- Handbrake cable replaced 10/03/14, milige 118930

Images will be added later today.

Price: £250 ono

Edited by Erallus

I think he's suggesting that based on your honest and accurate description it sounds like quite the project and considering they're not overly desirable you may struggle to get rid (especially on here)

I think he's suggesting that based on your honest and accurate description it sounds like quite the project and considering they're not overly desirable you may struggle to get rid (especially on here)

Ah, I see . It's on the lupo forum as well . Yeah looks like I'll be scraping it. Just feel bad as it's been a great work horse

Scrapped it for a hundred, which means I get to stick the wiper arms on the Corrado :thumbleft:

Sorry You’ve got to laugh though.

£500 to £100 and some wiper arms in 4 hours.

I know where your coming from though, I think Corrado owners are hoarders and find it hard to let things go.

Got new daily coming?

I know where your coming from though, I think Corrado owners are hoarders and find it hard to let things go.

Got new daily coming?

Was that minus or + £100 did you have to pay the scraper to pick her up chap.

Edited by Keyo

Got new daily coming?

Quickly came to the conclusion that it's worthless even after offering it for 200 quid on the lupo forum , not even a sniff. I was thought if I sell it I want the arms off it. I did a fair bit of work on it including rebuilding the suspension, so got attached to it.

I'm bad for it. On the plus side can sell some lupo spares .

Got a Mk1 fabia 1.9 diesel for peanuts . In really good condition for the age. Just need a cheap hack to eat some miles . It's a lot faster than a non turbo diesel as well . I do love banger nomics .

Was that minus or + £100 did you have to pay the scraper to pick her up chap.

I went from asking for 500 in a private sale to scrapping it for 100 cash in my pocket , free collection. I'm also allowed to take a few parts off it. I asked lol.