Ray1965

Wheel stud caps

I'm after set of wheel stud caps for my BBS-RS77. Studs are standard Corrado ones 17mm i believe.

Anyone know of a supplier or bought from ebay etc?

I found these dont know if they will be any good?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20X-Wheel-Bolt-Nut-Caps-Covers-For-Volkswagen-VW-Golf-Bora-Passat-Jetta-17mm/254043917920?epid=8011099278&hash=item3b26328e60:g:BwMAAOSwbwJaLfWf

I think you'll find they will fit but they are not correct relating to the era .

These are more like it and you had a little plastic pincher tool with the tool kit to remove them off the bolt head from factory, I actually still have mine with the tool kit amazingly. Have them fitted to the same alloys you own.

I believe they are still available from the dealers if you want oe. Part number 867-601-173

Aftermarket

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Corrado-VR6-Wheel-Nuts-Covers-1991-1996-17mm-Black/401835241397?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

OE VW

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Black-Wheel-Bolt-Cap-17mm/183911020332?epid=1817070084&hash=item2ad1f3772c:g:pxEAAOSwYRJdSL3M

Ring up your local dealer they will be cheaper then Heritage.

Edited by Keyo

I have VAG OE ones (with no writing on them) on mine, got them from the dealer - they are round with a hole in the centre for getting them off with that little hook tool - I've also seen them on Mk4/5 Golfs.

I think the hexagonal ones look more 80s, and would suit and older alloy or steels.

I've seen them and had them on older cars (G60 steels on a Mk2 and Ronals on an Audi), but just prefer the look of the round ones on Speedlines and VR6 BBS wheels - whatever takes your fancy. I'm not convinced they left the factory with them on in all cases anyway - the bolt covers were much more common on the steel rims, especially where they had the four stud center trim which was held on by the covers.

You could always go Max Power on it with some chrome ones!

The one that annoys me is the locking nut one . I ain't got one ha !

I got those last month from Heritage/classic, so definitely available still

I got those last month from Heritage/classic, so definitely available still

Thanks Cressa,

I have a aftermarket locking nut so I imagine it would not fit. Did you just get the cap of the lock nut as well from classics ?

I've got Mcgard locking wheels nuts and was surprised that they did fit. The other caps are from Heritage for the standard genuine covers

The lock nut cap is just round on the inside rather than hex bolt shaped. I think they can be got as standard for the newer cars as they nearly all have lock nuts on them.

Found my receipt. 535 601 173C wheel bolt cap

Nice one Cressa.

I have purchased these off ebay as come with locking bolt caps so worth a shot at that price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20x-17mm-Black-Wheel-Car-Locking-Nut-Bolt-Cover-Cap-for-VW-Golf-Nissan-Audi-Ford/153618832888?hash=item23c4655df8:g:F7oAAOSwyA1dqfh4

Update- received the above caps today and the locking ones did not fit !

Edited by Keyo

I bought the OE ones from Heritage and they don't fit that well; i've lost 2 already and 1 fell out while power washing the wheels (literally just passed it with a jet of water).

My genuine ones are a tight fit on the mcgard locking bolts. I can measure the head of the bolt or inner of the cap if it helps