corrado33

Corrado Seat types/materials listing/comparison?

Recently had the opportunity to buy some spare rado seats. Since they're rado... I'm interested. However, these seats have cloth inserts inside of leather sides/bolsters of the seats. I've only ever seen this style on Storm seats. Am I wrong? Did this style come on any other older corrados that I'm not remembering? I've never actually owned a G60 so... it may be from early versions of those?

Does anyone have a link to the corrado interior options breakdown over the years?

Thanks.

Storm seats and if you had the dough at the time of purchase to upgrade were the same . All leather, but the storm seats were heated from factory. You don’t often see these seats your right. I’ve seen them in American Corrado’s. maybe they were an optional extra too?.

Storm seats and if you had the dough at the time of purchase to upgrade were the same . All leather, but the storm seats were heated from factory. You don’t often see these seats your right. I’ve seen them in American Corrado’s. maybe they were an optional extra too?.

Wait what? My 93 US rado has heated seats... from the factory. But they're all leather.

The leather with cloth inserts are US spec - also seen on Canadian cars. They were also an option in Europe. If you can find a part# on them it will be easier to track them down.

There's no such thing as "Storm seats" - they were just standard heated leather, either black or beige. Recaros, in leather, cloth, heated/electric or not were an additional option and cost a lot more, but were never shipped from the factory as standard on any variant.

Edited by fendervg

Wait what? My 93 US rado has heated seats... from the factory. But they're all leather.

Yep . So when the original owner bought it , he upgraded to leather seats as an extra . Or someone has fitted them before you .

The leather with cloth inserts are US spec - also seen on Canadian cars. They were also an option in Europe. If you can find a part# on them it will be easier to track them down.

There's no such thing as "Storm seats" - they were just standard heated leather, either black or beige. Recaros, in leather, cloth, heated/electric or not were an additional option and cost a lot more, but were never shipped from the factory as standard on any variant.

Yeah, I didn’t mean storm seats , I was just talking in general.

Yep . So when the original owner bought it , he upgraded to leather seats as an extra . Or someone has fitted them before you .

I don't... think so. Sorry, I'm not trying to be combative here but the 93 brochure clearly says that a stain silver rado can come with full black leather seats that are also heated if the car also includes the all weather package.

Looky here.

http://www.a2resource.com/brochures/1993/corrado/source/10.jpg

Interior options are top right, all weather package option is bottom of the right page under the "options" banner.

Also I knew the 1 owner who had my car before me, and he didn't replace the seats... I know this because he kept receipts for literally everything he had done to the car and they're in my manual zip up bag thing.

Also my brother's corrado also has black leather heated seats and also came from a single owner who kept the car extremely mint with very few miles.

Yes, but as an option - the heated leather is listed under "options", the standard features lists a "velour seat trim". The buyer would have ordered the leather heated seats as an additional option at the time of placing the order. There would have been a separate price list with this brochure.

This looks like a US brochure as it has cruise and aircon listed as standard.

Yes, but as an option - the heated leather is listed under "options", the standard features lists a "velour seat trim". The buyer would have ordered the leather heated seats as an additional option at the time of placing the order. There would have been a separate price list with this brochure.

Yep no Corrado came with leather as standard other than the storm or the G60 Jet and the campaign.

Ah ok, we're arguing over whether an "option" is considered to have "come from the factory." In my eyes, yes, in yours, no. Understandable. That was my confusion. I was like... but... my heated seats were definitely installed by VW and the installation was far too professional to have been done by someone AFTER buying the car.

Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

And yes, it is (I think) the US brochure.

Ah ok, we're arguing over whether an "option" is considered to have "come from the factory." In my eyes, yes, in yours, no. Understandable. That was my confusion. I was like... but... my heated seats were definitely installed by VW and the installation was far too professional to have been done by someone AFTER buying the car.

Anyway, thanks for the info. :)

And yes, it is (I think) the US brochure.

Fair point - and good to clear up the confusion. I guess it means they were installed in the factory using VW parts, but the buyer paid extra for them.

Having said that, there are plenty of cars in the UK that have had their original cloth interiors replaced with OEM leather sourced from a broken car by their owners.

Mine is one of them . My leather came from a storm that was being broken around 7 years ago.

And you DIDN'T decide to restore the storm? *Wagging finger* shame shame shame..... (I'm kidding of course.)

And you DIDN'T decide to restore the storm? *Wagging finger* shame shame shame..... (I'm kidding of course.)

Lol. It was in a terrible mess . Hit from behind, then pushed in to the car in front .

Mine is one of them . My leather came from a storm that was being broken around 7 years ago.

Great thread. I replaced my interior with cloth, Recaro.... that's the way to go. Ha ha ha ha