BILLCOR

Someone got a bargain

Not sure I would want to pay any more than that for a car that, albeit low mileage, sounds like it hasnt been well looked after in recent years. Regular use is best for these cars and that would t tick many boxes for me. There should have been more 4/5 stars than 3 stars on a car claiming to be in such condition. It may have done substantially better being advertised professionally for sale after a thorough recommissioning than through an auction at this time of year.

Edited by Billzeebub

Even if it was tatty would of been a great car to spend some money on and then if marketed correctly could of hit the 15K mark no problem IMO. Bad time of the year to auction a car.

Golf MK2 are a better investment car in this present time, link bellow, think the owner is been a bit optimistic on the asking price though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Golf-MK2-Genuine-UK-Registered-G60-GTI-3dr-Blue-86k-Rare-car/283701894993?hash=item420df35f51:g:W7UAAOSw4zJd6rx4

Edited by Keyo

Even if it was tatty would of been a great car to spend some money on and then if marketed correctly could of hit the 15K mark no problem IMO. Bad time of the year to auction a car.

Golf MK2 are a better investment car in this present time, link bellow, think the owner is been a bit optimistic on the asking price though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volkswagen-Golf-MK2-Genuine-UK-Registered-G60-GTI-3dr-Blue-86k-Rare-car/283701894993?hash=item420df35f51:g:W7UAAOSw4zJd6rx4

Totally agree with all of the above. The fact it only had a partial history won't have helped as without the service book stamped and/or all the old MOT's you can't really prove the low mileage is genuine.

The price of that G60 Golf is unreal !

Totally agree with all of the above. The fact it only had a partial history won't have helped as without the service book stamped and/or all the old MOT's you can't really prove the low mileage is genuine.

The price of that G60 Golf is unreal !

The 16V big bumper 3dr is the one to go for with the rainbow cloth - 10K will get you a very well sorted one but only a few come up each year in this condition, I expect mine to keep on climbing quite sharply to be honest as a lot of old owners will want to own one again and most of them have been absolutely defaced.

What I have noticed though at this time of year quite a few come on the market, so it seems the best time of the year to purchase a car.

Nice example here but the three doors are more desirable.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-GTi-16v-Big-Bumper-immaculate-in-and-out/352853912703?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D40733%26meid%3Debf464a5a3324b43bddbb905f6d1fee0%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D10%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D174115957360%26itm%3D352853912703%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Edited by Keyo

I bought this one last week - been after one for a while now - went to the auction just for this. needs a bit work but has just has £1800 spent on it by the owners parents last month. I got to meet them at the auction - they bought it as an 18th birthday present for an only son who drove it from 96 right up to 2012 when he went to work in Australia. Its been sat for 7 years with an iffy sunroof and some bodywork issues. Plan to get it put right over the Winter and get driving - defo not an investor - love em and always wanted to own one....chuffed to bits I managed to get one at a good price.

Glad to hear its gone to a good home. Despite the sunroof and bodywork issues it appears you have a bit of a bargain there. Look forward to hearing about ykur progress with it.

Congratulations on winning the auction. Looks like you got it at a great price too. It can be a good time of year to be buying a car if you’re able to get out there. They are great cars. I bought mine last November and I am slowly getting it back to its best.

Congratulations on winning the auction. Looks like you got it at a great price too. It can be a good time of year to be buying a car if you’re able to get out there. They are great cars. I bought mine last November and I am slowly getting it back to its best.

100 percent best time of the year to buy a classics seen some right bargains for sale at the moment. Saw some BBS RM sell on Saturday for £500.00.

Edited by Keyo

On 12/13/2019 at 10:04 PM, GarrisonRanger said:

Cheers Keyo - looking forward to seeing if these drive just as well as I hope they do - would love this to be a keeper.

Any updates on this, was it a bargain ?