Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

new project for the wife now painted(now finnished)

it's a nissan colour but its supposed to be applied to a dark red undercoat were as ive put it on a white one just to brighten it up a bit and make it more pink 8)

is that base coat the primer? have you sanded the origional paint back to metal or just till the shine went?

I'm thinking of respraying my next car...but i've only ever watched my dad do it and i think i'm fine stripping it completely, then sanding it down everywhere and then priming it...but laquer is just too thick for the Devilbliss gun i use.

i had a National Match 9000 cheapo type gun...but it kept blocking and dripped..so i threw that.

For the roof...did you use a gravity fed gun?

cheers.

Sanj...nice job on all of your cars mate..look forward to the finished article. :mrgreen:

i started off by buzzing the car with 240grit to get any loose or damaged paint of then a quick go over with some 320grit,ech primer then two coats of white primer which is suitable as the base coat,now i'm going to flat it all down and then the colour and laqeur.the gun i'm useing is a devilbliss gti with a 3M paint system on it,its a bit more expencive but you can paint with the gun in any angle upside down everything it makes the job alot easyer 8)

:shock: WOW - hats off people :shock:

is your missus called penelope :D

here it is then all painted just a few bit sort out and then on with the rebuild

Remember you telling me about this project @ E-38 this year, looks good mate, like it!

skimask, 2bar mate its a hvlp gun i'm using

young dub, thats just made my mind up to colour code the side trims now,nit sure about the white leather though with three kids :lol:

skimask, 2bar mate its a hvlp gun i'm using

20V - Cheers mate. I was running 55PSI - kinda explains why its a bit 'heavy' :?

I have to admire you boys spraying cars in the garage and the finish looks exceptional as well

Are you a paint sprayer or someone having fun cos it sure is going to look Good.

I see the German Pink golf didnt need side repeaters or they were below the rubbing strip

I she couldnt have had a nugget yellow one she would have had a pink or electric Blue corrado.

pics look 8) :mrgreen:

nice one andy, looking good

are both the cars gonna be at tatton park this year then???

see ya there

ben

Not my choice of colour but workmanship & sprayjob look great - well done Andy .. 8)

You fancy spraying a front grille & RS2 front bumper for me :D