ABV-VR6

Schmidt modern line wheels

Hello and happy new year to all!

For 2020 other than health and success I also would like some modern lines for my Corrado 😁😎.

I'm thinking of one piece, 16" but where I differ is I see everybody staggering them 7.5 at the front and 9 and the rear. I don't like the stretched look too much and would like to stick with 205 tyres. So I'm thinking of ordering them in 7.5 for all four. Anyone have them this way?

Cheers

What et are they coming with in 7.5”

Good question, I'm not sure it's hard to find information on these and also hard to buy even... At least here in Canada. I contacted twice tuner shop which is the dealer in North America and they don't get back to me. I was asking about the ET as well. Anyways, I think I've read somewhere the ET was 25 but I'm not 100% sure.

I have coilovers so I need spacers already... I really like those wheels but I don't like the stretched look of a 205 tire on a 9" rim. Also roads are bad here, I originally bought fat fives which are 17" but now I'm considering going to 16" for a better drive, I don't want to rub the tires every 5 minutes...

Cheers

Edited by ABV-VR6

I guess I should say that I don't want poke mostly with the wheels... I have only one picture that I found with a guy running 7.5 all around on a G60 and there was no poke.

About the ET, reading more on the subject it seems like ET on those wheels are not necessarily unique, I've seen 3 or 4 different ET so far? Maybe I should ask directly to schmidt?

I looked into Schmidt a while ago don’t do et35 and if you don’t want stretch tyres or rubbing you need that. I had some 7 x 8” et 30 stretched a bit looked great, rubbish ride and you need archwork if you go a bit low.

I looked into Schmidt a while ago don’t do et35 and if you don’t want stretch tyres or rubbing you need that. I had some 7 x 8” et 30 stretched a bit looked great, rubbish ride and you need archwork if you go a bit low.

I thought ET 35 was the standard on a Corrado?

Are you saying that I should almost not bother then? Rubbish ride you had?

I thought ET 35 was the standard on a Corrado?

Are you saying that I should almost not bother then? Rubbish ride you had?

I think stretch tyres on a wide big rim added to coil overs on a bit of drop is never going to be as nice over pot holes and speed bumps as standard 15” wheels. At the moment I’m running 17 x 7.5” et 38 with 215 40 17 tyres a lot better than 17 x 8” et 30 with same size tyre but stretched on. When I say better it’s not so dramatic on a bumpy roads and no rubbing or arch work needed but you’d probably be alright with et 35 with a 225 tyre on 8” but might be close on the inside rim.

I think stretch tyres on a wide big rim added to coil overs on a bit of drop is never going to be as nice over pot holes and speed bumps as standard 15” wheels. At the moment I’m running 17 x 7.5” et 38 with 215 40 17 tyres a lot better than 17 x 8” et 30 with same size tyre but stretched on. When I say better it’s not so dramatic on a bumpy roads and no rubbing or arch work needed but you’d probably be alright with et 35 with a 225 tyre on 8” but might be close on the inside rim.

Thanks for getting back to me!

I would like to stick with a 205/45 tyre on a 7.5 wheel. So you're thinking that if the ET is 35 I should be somewhat alright? I won't have a huge drop by the way. Thing is I don't think I've seen them in ET 35?dobyou know if the ET is made to order when you purchase them? Because I've seen very different ET on those wheels.

They do different et as you say but not to et35, I think the closest was et25 May have been 30. Its because of dishes they make with the split rims, don’t think they do an outer barrel small enough. It was all explained to me sometime ago and I forget all the details, but after a lot of messing, for the money involved I didn’t go for them as I didn’t want stretch tyres again or arch work on the car.

Thank you for making it clear, I feel like you answered all the questions I had. It's hard to find specs on those wheels.

Maybe you're right and I should do like you and find something else... It's starting to be expensive cost of the wheels plus 90 euros shipping for each wheels, I can barely get an answer back from them, like you said it start to feel like a lot of messing around for the money involved...

Thanks for your time, much appreciated. Cheers

No worries happy to try and help. When you could post pictures there was a similar topic in the thread below where I showed my rims to give an idea of the et in the arch. http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?110011-Correct-Wheel-Size-offset-BBS-LM/page2&highlight=Wheels

Happy hunting

Thanks again. Yes I've read the post, informative!

BBS LM and Schmmidt ML are my 2 favorite. If the LM's were made in 16" that would be it for me!

Roads are pretty bad where I live and I think I should stick to 16" unfortunately.

Cheers mate

Edited by ABV-VR6

Well Tunershop do not carry Schmidt wheels anymore so my free shipping to Canada is gone and Schmidt are asking 360 Euros to ship a set which is way too much considering the wheels cost new, shipping, duty and exchange. Only way would be to find a set of used ones or finding something else... You know when your mind is set on something, it will be "hard" to find something else!