fla

Vr6 clutch master cylinder

I've got a clutch master cylinder from a valver on mine together with the pipework. From my auto to manual conversion. Doesn't look good so I'm looking for a suitable replacement.

I guess it might just be ok to replace just the piping unless theres any operational benefits

Which master is recommended? I think mines an ATE.

Thanks

Can be difficult to get hold of - be aware that there are two different types for early and late VRs, the main differences being the length of the pushrod and the fittings that attach it to the clutch pedal - early has a round loop fitting that hooks onto the pedal, late has a white plastic clip that sits on the ball end - I've read somewhere that to use a late on on an earlier car you need swap the pedal and some of the clips over.

I've got an early type waiting to go on my car (Brembo) and also sold a late ATE one to one of the guys on here. This old thread has pictures of both:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?106375-Vr6-clutch-Master-amp-Slave-cylinder-recommendations

Part #s are in this thread:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?96597-VR6-Clutch-master-cylinder-and-pedal-replacement

As far as I can remember I sourced the Brembo one through GSF.

Edited by fendervg

I thought they were officially obsolete, but maybe I was thinking of the brake master cylinder? Cor, I even said this in the thread you linked above too!! I should get out more!

I think the RHD ABS brake master is obsolete for sure, and has been for a while - the clutch masters are NLA at the dealer, but can still be got aftermarket with a bit of careful searching as they were used on a few other cars (especially the later ones) - but prices seem to be 200-300.