tony_ack

Wire connectors supplier

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any good suppliers for the VW wire end connectors that go into the terminal plugs? Not the plastic terminal connectors themselves, but the metal pins (and round rubber seals) that fit into the terminal connectors?

Would be nice to get a variety pack of different sizes

As far as I know they are just Tyco/Timer/Junior Timer uninsulated connectors if you are talking about the female end in the plug socket - there's plenty of info on the web, and I was able to get some from the likes of Radionics a few years back.  You'll need to have the correct crimp tool and a pin removal tool is handy as well. There used to be a site called Vehicle Wiring Products as well.

I'll dig around at home to see if I can find any for reference.

It is actually possible to order all these from WV, but you need a very helpful and patient parts contact - VAG also sell wiring repair kits in different gauges of wire thickness with the female ends crimped on already at each end - they are a few inches in length, so you just cut them in half and splice onto an existing wire for a fresh connection.

They are called junior power timer terminals, you get male, female and the micro ones. You also get grommet type and non-grommet type so just be aware of that.

I got all mine from 3waycomp on ebay, he was always very helpful so I'm sure he could provide you with a selection pack.

Don't forget the durite multi tool & a proper ratchet crimping tool, you will absolutely not regret getting a decent one as I use mine all the time!! Mines similar to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Voilamart-Ratcheting-Professional-Connectors-Screwdriver/dp/B07F9VBMW4/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=crimping+tool&qid=1582193446&sr=8-20

On the nail swiftkid - couldn't remember the exact name - and second that on the tools. I have a proper issue one for bare metal, another for insulated connections and a proper sping loaded automatic wire cutter/stripper - well worth investing in.

The Durite pin extractors are good value and I have a couple of them, but I find they can be a bit tricky to use without hurting yourself on the other exposed prongs -  I now use this kind, and have two different sizes for small and large connectors and have never looked back - they are not that cheap though (seem to have gone up in price), but worth it in the long run fi you get the use out of them.

Especially handy when doing a large amount of wiring, loom replacement/repair or a conversion.

entriegelungswerkzeug-micro-timer-kontakte-etc-1.jpg

Edited by fendervg

Ahh kufatec, the most unhelpful people on the planet!

Yes I agree the durite is a pain, you have to bend the ends of the pin to get them to work properly. I still need something to do the micro terminals as they are an absolute pain to depin and the durite don't go small enough

15 minutes ago, swiftkid said:

Ahh kufatec, the most unhelpful people on the planet!

Yes I agree the durite is a pain, you have to bend the ends of the pin to get them to work properly. I still need something to do the micro terminals as they are an absolute pain to depin and the durite don't go small enough

Unhelpful and expensive - although sometimes the exact thing you need and can't get anywhere else.

I've had some success in the past using a large paper clip cut into a U shape, you can then use a vice/pliers or hammer to flatten out the ends slightly. Any of the actual tools designed for the job are proper pricey, but I guess the target market is people who would be using them every day.