fendervg

Rear light seals and leaks

Have noticed that after heavy rain I get a stream of water from where the lights are left and right when opening the boot - has caught me by surprise once or twice - a bit of research seems to indicate that it could be the light unit seals, seals on the spoiler legs or blocked drains. - there is no water in the boot (yet).

The drain holes at the lip of the boot lid seem fine - the water just comes in a single stream from each side where the light units are - the units seem to be open at the bottom to allow for drainage.

Does anyone know if the replacement seals on Heritage are easy to fit and if each one is for one light only (assuming you'd need four then....)?

Thanks,

pretty sure i brought rear light seals from there a couple of years ago - im sure they were in the box i gave to the body shop but not sure if they included the light on the rear hatch as well

Are you after these mate ? 

Might be worth checking your blue rear decal grommets are not letting water as well. 

https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/3A5945191-rear-light-gasket.html

http://www.oemepc.com/vw/part_single/catalog/vw/markt/RDW/modell/COR/year/1995/drive_standart/76/hg_ug/945/subcategory/223000/part_id/0/lang/e

Edited by Keyo

Yeah, those are the ones. Was wondering if they are per side or light, in which case you'd need 4 to do the lot.

Badges are, all have recently been fixed with new blue clips. It's coming out both sides equally....

Just now, fendervg said:

Yeah, those are the ones. Was wondering if they are per side or light, in which case you'd need 4 to do the lot.

Badges are, all have recently been fixed with new blue clips. It's coming out both sides equally....

Yes mate you need four and cut a couple to size- on the part diagram it says sizes. T4 tailgate cut down to size also fits the boot opening an absolute treat. The corrado boot opening seal is obsolete and was a rip off. 

Here is a new T4 boot opening seal for comparison fitted to my car- If you ever wanted proof that VW load a Part number starting with 535.  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-T4-TRANSPORTER-TAILGATE-AND-BARN-DOOR-SEAL-T4-REAR-DOOR-SEAL-FIT-ALL-MODELS/324090193145?hash=item4b7547e4f9:g:kn8AAOSwIKNb6t9i

corrado boot seal.jpg

How many do I need 4 ?

Yes you need four,  diagram link above shows it if you click on it. The seal is the same for each light and has the same part number , however it informs you to cut two to size as the rear lights come in the form of a curved corner and the square one next to each other therefore have a different perimeter,  so treat it like four light units that each need a seal and two will need cutting to size.   Probably worth getting some of these as spares but I'm not in the mood to be spending after forking out on some roof moldings !

Edited by Keyo