Sign in to follow this  
Blown

Argument settled by Auto Express

The old "which is better,G60 or VR6" qeustion has finally been settled by the country's "finest" motoring rag.

Quoted from last weeks copy,in an article about living with a legend,featuring the original Cossie, Lancia Delta Integrale,R5 GT Turbo,BMW M3 E30 and of course the Corrado VR6.

"Do you fancy a sure-fire modern classic?The Corrado VR6 is a guaranteed collector's item,and if you buy a good one now you won't lose a penny in depreciation.You'll also own possibly the Nineties' greatest affordable coupe.The Corrado arrived in 1989, but it easn't until 1992 that an engine worthy of the fantastic chassis was fitted.The VR6 was a real gem,delivering 190bhp and a 0-60time of 6.4 secs.The thouroughbred engine helped the VW punch above it's weight.Production ceased in 1995,so there aren't many of them to choose from,but the run-out Storm special editions are the most collectable.Only 500 were produced and they can be identified by their leather interior ans six spoke alloy wheels.Prices start at £3,000 for early models and for that you get the usual VW reliability.Don't be tempted by the supercharged four cylinder G60-it's a totally different and vastly inferior beast." :shock:

Bad experience with a G60 maybe? :lol:

"Don't be tempted by the supercharged four cylinder G60-it's a totally different and vastly inferior beast."

Disgrace, its not inferior, well not vastly. It just different. You can compare them really. They are a different breed!!

Timo.

Load of bollox! Pretty much any Corrado in good condition is going to be a winner! The which is better argument is tiresome :roll: , theyr'e all Corrado's, but with differrent engines giving, un-surprisingly, different characterisitics .

Oh god, here we go again....... :?

It's just their opinion and what do AE know anyway? Some car mad bafoon in the office probably just mentioned *his* opinion of them when doing the write up, which doesn't speak for the masses.

The G60 has received bad press over the years for the supercharger blowing up but nobody ever seems to mention VR6 chains, coilpack failures, over-heating, head gasket failiures, premature bore wear etc etc.

Poor old G60....... I still like it :lol:

:p :evil: :mad: to AE,, doubt theyve even been in a G60,,, how discriminating of them,,,

think ill give my g60 an extra coat of wax this evening,,,,, :wink:

had my first drive of a vr6 yesterday as we got one for my mate,, lovley smooth drive, they are very different from a g60, just a matter of taste i recon,, g60 is much more of a raw beastie!! cant get enough of that supecarger sound, tis awesome,,

the vr has a lovley note too though,, :D

Time for us G60 boys to start a bit of a hate campaign!! :)

I have never saw a Corrado VR6. :oops:

I saw once a Golf III VR6.

So my opinion is not significant. :wink:

But i am sure that they have never drived a fine G60... :!:

There is nothing like a super boost powered by that G... :-P

I love it! :D

Time for us G60 boys to start a bit of a hate campaign!! :)

Gather every single Corrado G60 in the country and roll up to AE's doors as a show of defiance :lol: They can't accuse them of being unreliable and inferior if so many of them are still in existence :wink:

And then as a further argument, find a VR6 that has done 986,000 miles, disconnect the cam sensor and race it against a 200+ G60 (cause let's face it, you'll need an advantage, LOL! :lol: ) and that'll shut em up!

can I take 'em out in my G60 and ask 'em to call that inferior?!? ;) :twisted: :lol:

can I take 'em out in my G60 and ask 'em to call that inferior?!? ;) :twisted: :lol:

Should have recorded Vince saying your's is the best G60 he's ever seen but edit out G60 and replace it with 'Corrado' and also add to the end, 'better than those old touring cars, the VR6' :wink:

See this is what happens when I'm not here, Kev completely has his own way in all the threads going! ;)

Well I'm back now, so normal service will be resumed shortly. ;)

Time for us G60 boys to start a bit of a hate campaign!!

I'm up for it :lol:

Just been to my local scrappie in my G60 Rado, and even though most of the staff there know me and my Type 53s by now the lot still came out to have a good look at my Rado :D More discussions on the virtues of the G-Lader followed suite.

Gather every single Corrado G60 in the country and roll up to AE's doors as a show of defiance

That's a good idea, what's their address, when are we going? G60 Rados only then?

Tempest

so there aren't many of them to choose from,but the run-out Storm special editions are the most collectable.Only 500 were produced and they can be identified by their leather interior ans six spoke alloy wheels.

Obviously never heard of the Campaign either ;-) Bah! These Storms... common as muck

I STILL say it's horses for courses!