Keyo

Finally affordable headlight adjusters

Purchased some of these - was not familar with esty but easy transaction and no need to join the site- straight payment made by paypal - UK seller £20.00 including delivery for pair.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/BuckandDoeDecor/listing/798417086/vw-corrado-vr6-g60-16v-8v-3d-printed?utm_source=Copy&utm_medium=ListingManager&utm_campaign=Share&utm_term=so.lmsm&share_time=1589998755558&fbclid=IwAR3kRpTzUqZXz2Gd89aDwgPEpud_DvfIE6_gSRTm6Hc1pZ-7XMKHYz4mBik

Edited by Keyo

What is the fit like and do they do the job? That's what I would like to know. Glad someone has done these so I hope they are good

I've purchased mine as a spare mate , they look correct no other choice apart from the phenix ones so I would grab a spare set whilst they are to be had chap. 

Edited by Keyo

On 5/20/2020 at 9:39 PM, Keyo said:

I've purchased mine as a spare mate , they look correct no other choice apart from the phenix ones so I would grab a spare set whilst they are to be had chap. 

Ive just received a set of the Phenix ones, they look the muts!!

They're made from PLA which can start to soften at relatively low temperatures (i.e. not really suitable for a car interior due to how hot it gets on a sunny day, so probably same for the engine bay) - maybe see if the seller can do them in ABS? Or are the originals some form of Nylon?

Edited by tony_ack

Just to report back... I bought a pair of replacement adjuster bits from the chap on Etsy.

It wasn't too difficult to replace the adjuster base - just fiddly.

I had to split the headlight to disconnect the adjuster from the reflector (I could not get enough purchase on the barb to disconnect the adjuster using a screwdriver from behind through the bulb opening). Then I used a drift to knock the adjuster shaft from/through the handle, so I could screw the shaft into the new part.

Adjuster assembly shows the parts separately. The new part is the white bit in the middle (re-using the original gromet).

Corrado_AdjusterScrew.jpg

Once fitted, it looks like this:

Corrado_AdjusterFitted.jpg

I've not got the headlight back in the car yet, so not sure if the adjustment range is there, but it seems ok so far...