seanl82

Part identification

9 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Can anyone identify this, and know where it goes please!?

IMG_20200524_133401.jpg

Must be an internal part because it looks new -

7 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Must be an internal part because it looks new -

No I had it electroplated with a load of other fixings after I removed it

10 minutes ago, easypops said:

Ok mate, I’ll look again 😁👍

Haha, legend! Have a look around the trailing edge of the rear axle if you can Martin. I'm sure it was around that area somewhere but I can't see it on any diagram. Could have been to sort a previously stripped thread maybe.... Not come across any yet though. 🤔

11 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Haha, legend! Have a look around the trailing edge of the rear axle if you can Martin. I'm sure it was around that area somewhere but I can't see it on any diagram. Could have been to sort a previously stripped thread maybe.... Not come across any yet though. 🤔

Did you get it plated? or is that the original colour? I keep thinking seatbelt when i look at it? What size is the thread, looks fairly substancial

3 minutes ago, easypops said:

Did you get it plated? or is that the original colour? I keep thinking seatbelt when i look at it? What size is the thread, looks fairly substancial

Yeah it's been plated. It's an M8 collared nut inside a retaining/captive clip.

Ohh I love these.

First picture is the captive nut from the brake compensator spring.

Is there a prize ?

Edited by James.

4 minutes ago, James. said:

Ohh I love these.

And that's why I couldn't find it as I've done away with the bias valve thingy. Well done James

10 minutes ago, James. said:

Ohh I love these.

James, you're a star! It's not on any of the diagrams either. Thanks mate, really appreciate it! 👍

Have you still got the cable carrier trims for the rear axle abs  On my one side the locating lug had fallen off the subframe so only got the one side on and had to use cable ties. You can actually still buy these new for pretty cheap. 

1 hour ago, Keyo said:

Have you still got the cable carrier trims for the rear axle abs  On my one side the locating lug had fallen off the subframe so only got the one side on and had to use cable ties. You can actually still buy these new for pretty cheap. 

Yeah still have them. They were a little loose on the studs so a hot air gun to soften the plastic and close the openings slightly has made them nice and snug again

On 5/24/2020 at 7:57 PM, seanl82 said:

Thanks mate. Yeah looks like those are identified then. Not sure why I have a different type. 

No idea what the other one is in the first pic though......

Hi, 

Only noticed this, and so you may have corrected this already, but I just thought you should know the handbrake cable clip shown in the picture is not fitted correctly, it will not hold anything on, the clip horsehoe end should butt up against the cable metal collar, and the end "legs" should clip over the caliper internal bracket where the cable passes through, see pic of my yet to be rebuilt caliper for ref.

Cheers.

20230601_172753_resized.jpg

1 hour ago, twinbeltg60 said:

Hi, 

Only noticed this, and so you may have corrected this already, but I just thought you should know the handbrake cable clip shown in the picture is not fitted correctly, it will not hold anything on, the clip horsehoe end should butt up against the cable metal collar, and the end "legs" should clip over the caliper internal bracket where the cable passes through, see pic of my yet to be rebuilt caliper for ref.

Cheers.

20230601_172753_resized.jpg

I shall have to fix that! Looking at it again with fresh eyes I can see now that the curves suggest it should be either side of the hole.

Thanks for letting me know. Went through an MOT like that too.