seanl82

VR6 throttle cable wanted

Just for future reference, I found one from an eBay seller in Latvia. Takes a few weeks to arrive, but I've had a few bits from them recently and they've been top notch. Worked out approx £60 delivered. 

1 hour ago, seanl82 said:

Just for future reference, I found one from an eBay seller in Latvia. Takes a few weeks to arrive, but I've had a few bits from them recently and they've been top notch. Worked out approx £60 delivered. 

Same here tshop + oemore - even when classics dont have the part on their site and showing not available . I have put it down to old stock in Latvia or classics have not got  the part registered  on their website but the Latvia seller knows their caralogue stock / 

Edited by Keyo

7 hours ago, Keyo said:

Same here tshop + oemore - even when classics dont have the part on their site and showing not available . I have put it down to old stock in Latvia or classics have not got  the part registered  on their website but the Latvia seller knows their caralogue stock / 

Someone on Facebook wanted £75 for a second hand one too. I said about this and also that LHD apparently fit fine, but he wasn't interested and said to go with that then. He's obviously in the habit of pulling people's pants down. I thought throttle cables were long since NLA but glad I checked now, so make sure you do a bit of research on parts availability and cost I'd say. 

4 hours ago, seanl82 said:

Someone on Facebook wanted £75 for a second hand one too. I said about this and also that LHD apparently fit fine, but he wasn't interested and said to go with that then. He's obviously in the habit of pulling people's pants down. I thought throttle cables were long since NLA but glad I checked now, so make sure you do a bit of research on parts availability and cost I'd say. 

Dont surprise me he wasn't interested, sounds like a greedy little hobby wrecker that is like a disease in the VW world unfortunately , Problem is the greedy pig seller puts it on ebay then other sellers will use that as bench mark and it sets the prices.  A lot Sean would of purchased out of desperation . 

Edited by Keyo

Corrado butchers seem to be on the increase of late, sadly. I get that we all need donor cars to keep ours going, with so many parts nla - but some of those being broken certainly don’t photo like they’re beyond recovery. And it doesn’t take too many of the best bits to go, to then make it a real challenge to salvage the car, especially if forced to pay top dollar for what’s been plundered. I fear we’re now in a vicious circle where fewer cars mean fewer bits mean higher prices mean more recoverable cars stripped. Frustrating when there will always be the accident damaged etc to provide donor stock.Not a lot we can do to stop that, sadly, so I guess we just have to suck it up ☹️

But also fewer cars mean increase of value the good ones left, although I would never like to see a solid Rado broken up unless it has a part I want 😀

Edited by Keyo

1 hour ago, TimA said:

Corrado butchers seem to be on the increase of late, sadly. I get that we all need donor cars to keep ours going, with so many parts nla - but some of those being broken certainly don’t photo like they’re beyond recovery. And it doesn’t take too many of the best bits to go, to then make it a real challenge to salvage the car, especially if forced to pay top dollar for what’s been plundered. I fear we’re now in a vicious circle where fewer cars mean fewer bits mean higher prices mean more recoverable cars stripped. Frustrating when there will always be the accident damaged etc to provide donor stock.Not a lot we can do to stop that, sadly, so I guess we just have to suck it up ☹️

In the 10 years I've been here its never been any different, I've got a car that looks good from above, but looks like a Fiat underneath

2 hours ago, Keyo said:

But also fewer cars mean increase of value the good ones left, although I would never like to see a solid Rado broken up unless it has a part I want 😀

There's been some stunners broken up over the years because the sum of there parts far outweighs the prices people will pay for the cars whole and that will continue

Edited by Dox