captainredeye

Bonnet pin spring

Yo, I’m looking for a spring that goes on the bonnet guide pins on Either side of the bonnet, one of mine snapped and can’t find any info on the part, 

1 hour ago, captainredeye said:

Found this site https://www.iltisshop.be/bodywork/bonnet-lock-complete-set-new

so may help any one else who is looking.

part number 431898550

Yeah I have come across this before but the seller would not confirm they fit even though they are the correct part number. There are a few on abay second hand at the moment which is not normally the case. 

I found a seller in Poland that makes them chrome but not cheap. 

If you look at their link below to facebook they sell several hand made parts including the striker pin plates and various other obsolete items. 

How happy would you be if you got these at Xmas instead of socks. . 

https://www.facebook.com/MGR-PARTS-102352814708229/?__tn__=K-R&eid=ARD3QZm8KCODVL36pAShS1rbI_Hoit1CR-nxZIAM1x9q3RxwNbjdTTn0-7z3JWjRKigjflqvFuSgQdV-&fref=mentions&__xts__[0]=68.ARDcD_UVUPKb8qB8BBS5yMPM5BUHXBHNgrVb_K7Foj48bjT5dyZJ-2boalxuDNbulOY054BOtqHhd8ak_b28RNSj_McXZREt62wCUli-wD_z0csrhVmwoMOzfnxn9dK8HUT88Md9HaLdg2rEKi32t8wWA7RAW_Cxv7xArXHjdD82xzYoAHOrz8YEkVa8NErMQEUaQ9FQwTw3qUbaTuPp2jbWzmEgZ8dhaUwptS73HbZoZoYiNcBB1FI7pb_2A4ny-41BxTW9rOfBCTOauAv01zNPXr5kkn1WxYsb4DfFJnaOFSkkWjsTASAxWkGebV0cZH8

striker pin.jpg

striker.jpg

strik.jpg

Edited by Keyo

Isn't it Glosterox that replates the pins etc? Maybe he has some spares?

9 minutes ago, Keyo said:

Think he got fed up as some members didnt send them there old ones after he sent them refurbished ones. 

So he might have some of the returned ones now?

Just now, Dox said:

So he might have some of the returned ones now?

Pretty sure I read on his thread had no more or I emailed him in the last two years. Wouldnt be surprised though if he had a secret stash like most Corrado owners ha. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-VW-CORRADO-BONNET-PINS-G60-8V-16V-VR6/264728018068?hash=item3da304fc94:g:TP0AAOSwP4xeucK3

Those guide Plates look mighty nice and one of mine is broken, I have cleaned up and plated my old pins just waiting for the springs I ordered, we will just have to wait and see.

54 minutes ago, captainredeye said:

Those guide Plates look mighty nice and one of mine is broken, I have cleaned up and plated my old pins just waiting for the springs I ordered, we will just have to wait and see.

They should fit if they are the same part number to be fair its just that the seller would only confirm to me they were for the VW Iltis . 

On 6/9/2020 at 9:32 PM, Keyo said:

Wowsers! You'd have to be pretty desperate at that price surely! Ian did an awesome job on mine for a fraction of that. The plastic parts cleaned up pretty well too in a bath of bleach.

4 minutes ago, seanl82 said:

Wowsers! You'd have to be pretty desperate at that price surely! Ian did an awesome job on mine for a fraction of that. The plastic parts cleaned up pretty well too in a bath of bleach.

Really expensive its crap. There is one part still available and that is the middle plate that the latch catches - pretty cheap . I got some second hand pins for a tenner off ebay not to long back . 

Edited by Keyo