Sign in to follow this  
godskitchen

What Alloys?

been working away for the past few months and didnt have the net :(, now its time for some new alloys, just want some help please. Money is not a problem, i dont have an upper limit, as long as the look good i dont care! was thinking 17's, any ideas?

Every time my will power crumbles and I get urges to buy 17s, it's always BBS I look at first and last. They're just one of the best, if not *the* best quality wheel manufacturer in the world.

I am very tempted by some OZ Canyons though.

K

Tell you what, if money's no object, buy ME a steering rack! ;)

Alternatively you can have my (Corrado, RARE) Speedlines (in good nick) for £1000 and I can go buy my OWN steering rack and a new set of Speedlines! :)

Err, think I'll pass on that idea thanks!

Really tempted by the following at the moment:-

BBS LM

BBS RC

OZ Canyon

If I may recommend OZ Superlegerra. I had some ordinary Fox 17's on for a while (got a deal) and after lightly buckling 2 and severely buckling a 3rd I decided they weren't up to the job on such a heavy car as the C. I'd read all the bumph about lighter wheels improving handling but thought it would be more placebo than effect. I was wrong. The light weight of the wheel lets the suspension work much better and the handling was transformed. A great improvement and I might add, one of the best looking wheels of the moment. Can't wait 'til I can afford some 19's for my Scooby now.

17s definitely look best on Corrados. 16s aren't worth it imo. If you're going to fit bigger wheels, why bother with 1" extra diameter? If you get the right 17s, they're lighter than the original 15s! I think the LM weighs something silly like 10lb per wheel but the Borbet C weighs 30lbs!!!

You can but they're very expensive......as an idea, check here..... http://www.custom-wheels-rims-alloys.co ... -rims.html (not the cheapest of wheel suppliers!)

Prices shown are for 18s and 19s but 7 x 17 and 7.5 x 17 are available, but only in Japan some people say, but I've some being advertised in America too ona 7.5 x 17. They are very very difficult to get hold of at a good price. I'm sure a few wheel importers could track a set down and ship them in, but I suspect you'll pay dearly for them.

With tyres, new, you're looking at well over 2K.... :shock:

Oooow thats not good!

I want that race look for my car now, and liked the look of the race cars at le mans, didnt know you could buy them till I saw Neils.

Ideas?

I think the LM weighs something silly like 10lb per wheel but the Borbet C weighs 30lbs!!!

Whose C's were you weighing?!? mine weigh no where near that much! :?