BlueVR6

Bilstein B12 Kit

Cheers for sending through the photos.  This is my total standard 94 VR6, well from a few years ago as it in bits in the garage just now.

494874517_IMG_1252(1).JPG.bab7822f125479910258c5fa233b9392.JPG

Not had much luck with Bilstein, spoke to them on the phone and they are saying if i want that rear spring (8512002) I'd need to return the full B12 Kit and purchase all the parts separately.  So might do that, but also going to try Eibach and see if they can help out.  Is a pain seeing as i was wanting to start putting the front subframe/steering rack and all that in this weekend and then i was going to start pulling the rear to bits.

Its weird when you see a factory late car they look like they are stilts but yours looks low- I wonder if your tyre walls were higher then factory and also if your shocks were that old that they have lowered the car due to wear. I really think you need to see them on a flat floor to see the true heights as a slight gradient will make the car look lower then the other side. 

Edited by Keyo

This car sold just with 31k on the clock and has factory springs and you can see the factory colour coded dots which confirms original suspension. I think you can take for gospel this was the factory ride height on a late factory VR as also picture taken on a flat floor. 

factory..jpg

factory1.jpg

factory2.jpg

facc.jpg

Edited by Keyo

BlueVR6 try eibach ( [email protected] ). They responded to me within twice with a day when i asked about spring rates. FIrst reply gave me some details and the second reply gave me some more info when I asked.

Larkspeed contacted eibach and not bilstein. Eibach have been pretty good to me thus far and I'd buy again even though the corrado springs have been a hassle.

RE the ride height i think stock rear springs are really soft so height is impacted by ground the car sits on. I remember driving mine on full bore acceleration on stock suspension- it used to squat and wiggle like something soft and rear wheel drive if you hit a bump whilst going for it. Shocks might have been knackered maybe.

Good point on that car above - we can clearly see the dots on the springs so would be interesting to compare to a pre93 car. We are proper nerding out here but that's part of the fun...

You can tell it’s factory stock because there’s enough room to park a Routemaster in the wheel arch!

I’ll dig out my copy of the Great Corrado Book, there’s some good advertising pictures of early cars in there.