Keyo

Word of warning on Aftermarket alloy Radiators

On 12/22/2020 at 7:26 PM, ger040 said:

i bought it

Geri its good job you got that Rad as now the Dasis are no longer available and the last few seemed to be sold in the £220 range- so no OE fitting radiators about folks.- my mate was looking for one tonight and a tried to help him but no joy. 

10 hours ago, Keyo said:

Geri its good job you got that Rad as now the Dasis are no longer available and the last few seemed to be sold in the £220 range- so no OE fitting radiators about folks.- my mate was looking for one tonight and a tried to help him but no joy. 

i know that well with these cars its buy buy buy what you can when you can and store it.

has he still got the existing ? and get a new core.

Yeah that's me - I've got the exisitng rad on the car - how do you get re-cored? I was on a spending stop last month as went over budget on my garage build and kit out. Gutted as they were £120.

My rad isn't leadking but the fins are really brittle - run your finger along them and they go to dust and the dust looks a bit coolanty in colour.

41 minutes ago, oneohtwo said:

Wow the Dasis are running out as well? Have to just hope someone else picks up the baton I guess. 

Hopefully they will make a new batch - the last few are left in Germany from one seller . Behr Hella Refrigeration are now owned by Mahle so worth seeing if they are to be remade in the Mahle brand - I did a condenser on my 911 this weekend and the hella unit was now branded Mahle but with the Hella part number.  

Edited by Keyo

Dasis look to be available again, what is the quality on these units?  I haven’t read any complaints so far.  Has anyone tried the Van Wezel units on Ebay.de