It’s been getting quite bad in the recent months despite preventative things like captcha in place.

As such, I’ve implemented an approval moderation on mew users who are not subscribers. Only on the first post, once your first post is approved you can then do as you please!

Hopefully this will help us with the spam 

E202D46D-0254-4644-8450-814C4C60FF62.jpeg

We've had  3 new members join this morning so will good to see what the process looks like to moderate first posts. We don't want to accidently prevent new users from posting/joining so I'll keep an eye for a moderation notification.

I deleted an obvious spam attempt this morning.

Watch out because the spammers will try to brute a moderator account to approve the post if they can - I had three attempts and lock outs over night.

Maybe a good time to change your moderator passwords and make sure they are of a decent strength and complexity.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MJA said:

We've had  3 new members join this morning so will good to see what the process looks like to moderate first posts. We don't want to accidently prevent new users from posting/joining so I'll keep an eye for a moderation notification.

worth posting up their usernames, if possible.  To be fair when i see new member names now i immediately think spammer, unfortunately