Keyo

Slave cylinde question thanks

Hi does anyone know the slave diameter for the slave cylinder on a VR - the part number is 357721261A - but I have seen folks buying ones that do not fit in the past. I have heard the sachs one is not a direct fit to the factory hydraulic line union bolt.
I thinking of buying a TRW one which I always thought was a good brand. Has anyone got a genuine used one with ATE ? Might have the ATE part number on it thanks as they also do one.
Would this one work says on description Manufacturer Restriction: FTE

Not interested in Febi or Topran when TRW and ATE are available.

Also seen this says 23 mm ATE is this the OE one. 
  • Construction year to:07/1995
  • ATE:Slave Cylinder, clutch
  • Item number:24.2523-0908.3
  • Our price:78,96 £
  • Manufacturer part number:24.2523-0908.3
  • Manufacturer:ATE
  • EAN number:4006633275156
  • Condition  New
  • Use number: ATE 040049

Thanks

trw.jpg

Edited by Keyo

That looks like the one I used a few years back - ATE. I might have another one stashed away to check the part number on, but the ATE one listed for the Corrado fits perfectly without a problem - it's a fairly common part, used on loads of older Audis etc, so I can't really see where they can go wrong - it's not Corrado specific.

Just checked - the one I fitted and the spare I have are exactly the ATE one you reference above - 24.2523-0908.3 - can't check the internal diameter without taking it apart, but looks about right at 23mm.

5 minutes ago, fendervg said:

That looks like the one I used a few years back - ATE. I might have another one stashed away to check the part number on, but the ATE one listed for the Corrado fits perfectly without a problem - it's a fairly common part, used on loads of older Audis etc, so I can't really see where they can go wrong - it's not Corrado specific.

Ok thanks mate after reading the sachs post it was the union bolt that smapped nothing wrong with the slave - looks like its one of thos parts ready available what a shock - I take it ATE is the OE to Corrado from factory.  On the other hand the master is a rare beast I have a nos of them though. 

Thanks 

Thank You mate I will be buying the ATE one then - iy has the green rubber and from memory the vag one does as well so probably OE supplier. I imagine the TRW is very good as well and only £50 tempted as UK stock. 

On 4/12/2021 at 10:13 PM, Keyo said:

Ok thanks mate after reading the sachs post it was the union bolt that smapped nothing wrong with the slave - looks like its one of thos parts ready available what a shock - I take it ATE is the OE to Corrado from factory.  On the other hand the master is a rare beast I have a nos of them though. 

Thanks 

I'm guessing this was my post - yeah you are correct it was the union to the old cylinder, was completely seized. Had to take the whole clutch line out just to get the new Sachs cylinder in, but got a new braided clutch line from Hel which is a really nice quality part.