g0ldf1ng3r

Chris Gaskell's old storm - Auctioned this week

Hi all

Not sure if this has been posted but did anyone see that Chris Gaskell's old storm has been moved on once again.....& attained a cracking price at auction

£27,250 hell yeah 😄

https://themarket.co.uk/listings/volkswagen/corrado-vr6-storm/46fd07e9-1ef9-43bd-ac09-3479765fc4fa

cant wait to get the VR6 finished & the modena's on, will be shooting for the sars on agreed value lol

Good pics to use as a reference to how panels etc should actually sit when fitted. Chris had such incredible knowledge on the Corrado, literally to the nth degree. 

"As far as we can tell, there are just 16 VR6 Storms left in the UK and 10 of those are SORN’d. Of the remaining 6 still pootling about on British tarmac, this is the third to pass through our portal" - is this true? I'd be pretty sure that there are more registered than that.

Looks like an after-market cruise control unit on the left of the steering wheel cowling as well?This car is absolutely pristine, but a real shame to see it handed on from Billy to Jack purely to make a few hundred extra quid rather than in the hands of a true enthusiast, as Chris G. really was.

Prices are all over the shop. I did see this one the faceache site the other week.

We should up the agreed value of our cars. Reminds me I need to fill in the form... been meaning to do that since December.  I was going to put £12k in but maybe i should go for more. 

On 4/16/2021 at 2:55 PM, fendervg said:

"As far as we can tell, there are just 16 VR6 Storms left in the UK and 10 of those are SORN’d. Of the remaining 6 still pootling about on British tarmac, this is the third to pass through our portal" - is this true? I'd be pretty sure that there are more registered than that.

Looks like an after-market cruise control unit on the left of the steering wheel cowling as well?This car is absolutely pristine, but a real shame to see it handed on from Billy to Jack purely to make a few hundred extra quid rather than in the hands of a true enthusiast, as Chris G. really was.

It’s actually the Sony stereo controller on the steering cowl, not cruise control.

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

It’s actually the Sony stereo controller on the steering cowl, not cruise control.

Ah ok, makes sense now  - an early version of the multi function steering wheel with audio controls...