Bruno

VR6 DOHC plastic engine cover colour

Anybody managed to find a decent match for this mild champagne metallic colour? In the process of tidying up my bay...

6 minutes ago, Bruno said:

Anybody managed to find a decent match for this mild champagne metallic colour? In the process of tidying up my bay...

I painted mine plain silver. Looked 1000 times better

I could swear that one of the oldies actually found the colour.  It's just that this forum has been through so many incarnations-  I cannot locate that thread. 

@Cressa. Silver huh? Any recollection of the specific colour/ code?

I thought they started off silver and tainted with heat and environment?

That mild champagne colour is oil stain residue bled into the plastic. VHT 800 degree silver gives it an nice finish followed by a Lacquer. 

@Keyo. Odd. Have a spare cover still in its wrapping, also exactly the same champagne colour. My original one had a hairline crack when I till delivery of it,   which the dealer offered to replace.  Never fitted the replacement bit. 

Is it possible there were two colours?

On 5/16/2021 at 2:05 AM, Bruno said:

@Keyo. Odd. Have a spare cover still in its wrapping, also exactly the same champagne colour. My original one had a hairline crack when I till delivery of it,   which the dealer offered to replace.  Never fitted the replacement bit. 

Is it possible there were two colours?

I think Shaun  has a brand new one - there were two types the other had painted script writing - must be champagne the plain one but I prefer mine on silver as champagne looks like it’s oil stained . 

Edited by Keyo

Thanks guys. James I see you have aircon fitted. Mine was fitted with the Diavia system from new. PITA fan assembly - believe one of the Seats had a compatible passenger side assembly, must research.

9 minutes ago, Bruno said:

Thanks guys. James I see you have aircon fitted. Mine was fitted with the Diavia system from new. PITA fan assembly - believe one of the Seats had a compatible passenger side assembly, must research.

What's wrong with your diavia aircon? Put up a new thread if you need some help with it👍