dragon green

Sunroof hard to find parts

8 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

video not loading on here m8 😞

I'm afraid not. Must be me. Vids are about 27mb and MP4 format. maybe I am just not important enough 🤭

2 minutes ago, K-rado said:

I'm afraid not. Must be me. Vids are about 27mb and MP4 format. maybe I am just not important enough 🤭

i think it is a problem with the embedded link

have you got the URL for it?

Hah, no problem at all. These things happen. Hopefully will be 100% tested over the weekend. I tested  to destruction the proof of concept so not expecting any nasty surprises this time around

I presume you’re not sending out parts until tested ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, Cressa said:

What is facebook? 🤣🤣 I am staying a simpleton 

Happy to join you - I avoided it for the best part of 45Yrs, only recently been loured in 😬

56 minutes ago, dragon green said:

I presume you’re not sending out parts until tested ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All fully tested. I am a stickler like that 😊

On 5/29/2021 at 12:13 PM, dragon green said:

Mine arrived today, well packaged, lovely bit of kit,
Thank you for doing this

No problem at all and thank you for comment.  They look simple enough but there are in fact lots of different elements and a bit of a pig to get right, and they have to be right. Everyone was tests prior to final clean and packing. Thank you for you purchase and as always, I am on messenger if you are stuck with anything - only a phone call away. First 2 batches now all issued out. Been a busy couple of weeks. Shipment to US today has cleared me out of Drive Cable until June 14th.  - Cheers Krado 😊

My Corrado has been sat for a long time with half the interior out because the sunroof carked it just as it was closing from fully open, so it not only doesn't work, its bloody noisy too!! Now there are parts available it might kick my arse into dropping it and locating the issue. Although if anyone can suggest how to remove the inner panel without tilting it first I'd be very grateful, I'm not aware that it's possible... 

Take the roof lining out by removing the plastic trims. Then see if you have access to all the bolts to take it out as a complete unit. 

You can also manually wind them, so get access to the motor by removing the switch/ light panel 

you can remove the whole sunroof mechanism what ever the sunroof position. It’s got to come out to fix it anyway and a lot easier to see what’s going on while it’s on the bench. A lot of trim needs to come off but the b pillar trims don’t need to fully come off just dropped down. I say a lot, it looks a lot while in place, but if you get at it it’s a couple of hours. Another pair of hands near the end is a massive plus. 
good luck 

All the headlining etc is out at the moment already - I was just wondering if I could source the problem in advance so I could drop it, fix it and refit in one go!! As I thought that's not an option! Buggerations 

I'm guessing a broken cable or such cos it won't manually shut either

Edited by colinstubbs

Had the fuse blown? Have you tried to manually wind it from the motor?

It would be easier to drop it out the car now and work with it on a bench. 

Undo the bolts and pull off the two drain hoses.

Very quick to put back in, or temporarily tape some plastic over the hole. Perhaps pray for good weather ...