ardandy

I’m back! Maybe.

Just been shown an advert for a Vr6 in Sheffield. Its Chris jones on Facebook. Looks a good car for £6.5k. Chains etc all done and he has owned it for a long time.  Only done 114k

Worth a look. Infact I would happily go check it out you as I cant be that far away.

I guess it wont be around for too long

Edited by Cressa

Vw Corrado chat | Facebook

5 or 6 ads down ATM

Seller's description

For sale Corrado VR6 1994 Blackberry Pearl. Same mature owner for last 19 years. Car comes with a folder full of history/receipts/MOTs for everything that's been replaced/upgraded Lived last 19 years in a heated garage/workshop, run on Shell V-Power - mileage is currently 114450. Car recently sailed through it's MOT (no advisories) not due again until May 2022. Service history up to 86,105. I have done all the maintenance/servicing/upgrade work on-wards, including: Timing chains & tensioners replaced with genuine VW parts, along with upgraded later polymer top blade & tensioner. OEM LUK clutch, genuine VW release bearing and crank oil seal fitted while gearbox out for timing chain job. C&R Enterprises Stage one head, ARP head bolts & VW MLS head gasket. Later VR6 288mm brakes front, Audi TT rear calipers and Goodridge hoses all round. Scorpion stainless steel exhaust oval tailpipe, K&N filter in factory airbox. Spax top adjustable shocks and lowered springs, Powerflex road bushes throughout. Car has a few subtle modifications: All red rear clusters, high level 3rd brake light, single wiper conversion (possibly Bonrath) rear polished alloy strut brace, Momo Corse Tuner 350mm wheel. Autometer Carbon Fiber Series (very rare) gauges mounted in custom made real carbon fibre console, polished alloy handbrake lever & cover. ABT motorsport replacement rear badge and black Corrado & VR6 rear badges. Everything works perfectly, even the known Corrado weak spots: The rear spoiler, electric sunroof, heater fan (works on all 4 speeds) ABS works perfectly. Car is not a trailer queen, it's 27 years old and has been enjoyed. Underside of the body is totally solid no rust. All factory under-seal in place, undamaged. Few small blisters on the drivers front wing, that's all. Fuel filler, tailgate screen seal, windscreen seal, sunroof seal are all totally rust free. Located on outskirts of Sheffield S26. NOT interested in a p/x or swap. £6495.00
Edited by Dox

3 hours ago, Cressa said:

What's your thoughts on the car Dox?

It’s a short list car for sure if it’s convenient for location for the op 

I didn't realise it is so close to me as I am at S26.... oo might be worth a look 😇

C'mon brandy, dont miss this one 👍

I saw that one on Facebook as well - it looks a great buy for the money. Expensive mechanical work done and seller states no rust underneath and no flaky underseal which would be a 1 way ticket to rust repairs. 

A few parts to get rid of some choice "upgrades" - ash tray, parcel shelf, gear stick, steering wheel, tints but none of these are expensive to reverse.

I would buy that one. Seems too cheap in some ways and does none of us favours who have restored their cars at 3 times the cost price of that one. 

The interior holds it back a bit but cloth is nicer is this heat.

Even its MOT history is great. Only ever failed once on a ball joint. Well looked after

Possibly thinking of selling my VR6 - 1996 in Aqua blue with full black leather, 101,000 miles and no rust whatsoever. Had lots of work done over the last 9 years that I’ve owned it, never seen rain in that time. Not had clutch or chains done, but runs brilliantly. It’s got B12 suspension, new bushes, rear axle bushes, 312 front and mk4 golf rear brakes, 16’ BBS wheels with brand new tyres, a spare set of vgc Speedlines with virtually new 205 50m15 tyres, Jetex stainless steel exhaust, Jetex sports cat, underside has been under sealed, new brake pipes, original stereo, sunroof works on tilt and slide, spoiler works, TT front and rear wipers, stainless tank straps, leather is immaculate etc. etc. It’s only done around 3000 miles since I’ve owned it and only in the summer. A respray would finish it off, but couldn’t justify the expense given the amount of time it’s been on the road 😀 Needs to be driven more, so may sell it if anyone is interested.

Tim.