Cressa

Cup holder thoughts

Now I have always followed any cup holder ideas and have decided to have a go at something.  

Fitting a VW single pop out cup holder into the drivers air vent. I had this in my garage from a previous car from years ago, so i sat in the corrado wondering if it could fit anywhere. 

I have bought a spare vent to cut up and have a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained so watch this space...

Or has it been tried before/failed and I haven't noticed that thread.  

Pros:  it might work🤔

Cons: closeish to the wiper stalk

Vent wont work fully, oh well ....😲

Got to do something in between the euro matches 

Tell me your thoughts

20210617_143540.jpg

20210617_143805.jpg

20210617_143826.jpg

Ooh - could work well and looks nice and OEM - but what about the weight of the drink in it though? That vent is only held in by two screws - one at the top and the other at the instrument cluster surround, which is the one I'd be concerned about.

😁 good thought. I'm sure if it needs extra I can look at that. If I can get this to fit then that will be an easy one.

👍 cheers 

3 minutes ago, 1xshaunx1 said:

Won’t it fit where the switch and the blank goes and relocate the headlight switch 

It would fit lovely height wise, but effects both spaces. I have no where else to put them unfortunately.  

20210617_155621.jpg

20210617_155638.jpg

Chopped up update. I was hoping NOT to have to sit the front flush, but it then sits too far out towards the wiper stalk20210617_161900.jpg

So now it has to sit flush to gain the extra space I have had to cut an extra slat out. Which has spoilt my chance of keeping a cut down version of the directional flaps, oh well. I could always just stick bits in. I will give it a temporary fixing for tonight and see what its angles are like for later.20210617_164802.jpg

20210617_163815.jpg

So 95% finished and I have fitted it. I think it looks quite original  and even though close to the wiper stalk, it doesn't interfere with my fat fingers.

So what do others think......

The downside is that my big Bodum drinks mug doesn't blooming well fit, 😳🤪 perhaps I should have tried that first!!  so I am going to take the unit out. 

If anyone likes it,  has a thinner drinks mug and wants it,  it owes me £15 + postage to you. 

20210621_170717.jpg

20210621_150754.jpg

20210621_150554.jpg