ger040

gear linkage adjustment

Just sorting out a few niggles with my car and this has just started

When engaging reverse it kind of half hops out again although it is still engaged and sometimes after after using reverse it does not want to come out i.e it take 2 hands to pull it out not all the time though.

So i assume it needs the linkages adjusted - i see a previous thread on it with kevin bacon giving a insight on how to correct the linkage - my question is on the gearbox the tower on the g60 is slightly different to the vr6 - Before i start loosening stuff is there anything i should be aware of.

Thanks

Adjustment is the same process on both - there is actually a VAG tool for holding the shifter end in place during adjustment, but it's not really necessary - the Bentley explains the full setup using the tool, but Kev's method works just as well. with a little bit more trial and error.

14 minutes ago, fendervg said:

Adjustment is the same process on both - there is actually a VAG tool for holding the shifter end in place during adjustment, but it's not really necessary - the Bentley explains the full setup using the tool, but Kev's method works just as well. with a little bit more trial and error.

Thanks Fendervg