Sign in to follow this  
Bojmobile

Don't you hate it when someone steals your thunder!

This happened a month or so ago! Park my car in my local main street - thinking it looks pretty sweet until some guy pulls up in a Tuscan and diverts all attention away from my poor scared looking little valver across the road! :oops:

Bummer dude. TVR's are the daddy!! Till they break done, which happens more than with the corrado :cry:

Timo.

Rather like me feeling chuffed with my Corrado looking pretty nice out the front of the office today, and someone parks a stunning new shape Prodrive Impreza on Oz Superleggeras out there. It looks stunning.... :(

Couldn't help but laugh - talking to our contracts manager about cars, and she said she drives a Toyota Rav 4 with a 2.0 litre petrol engine - and then said "I think it'd give you car a run for its money!" - after I finished laughing I told her it was a 1.8 litre supercharged car, and the only thing it would give my car a run for money on was fuel economy :)

Some people eh.. :D

A bloke at my work has bought himself a TVR Tamora, it's on it's second engine after not many miles at all! I think it's only done bout 9K :shock:

I always park mine so people can see at work and it gets some stares, but as I went for it yesterday dinner, a Porsche 911 was next to it. Yep I was slightly jealous :cry:

parked up at the local VW Garage was lunch time-ish and all the mechanics and boyz were out and was eyeing up my car,, felt really good and came out of the stealers to find evryone crowded round a silver object and than after some investigations found the new Noble...much respect,,, noble is one amazing car

Rather like me feeling chuffed with my Corrado looking pretty nice out the front of the office today, and someone parks a stunning new shape Prodrive Impreza on Oz Superleggeras out there. It looks stunning.... :(

Couldn't help but laugh - talking to our contracts manager about cars, and she said she drives a Toyota Rav 4 with a 2.0 litre petrol engine - and then said "I think it'd give you car a run for its money!" - after I finished laughing I told her it was a 1.8 litre supercharged car, and the only thing it would give my car a run for money on was fuel economy :)

well tbh jim..........she could well give you a run for yer money :shock: ............about 10 years ago Autocar tested a RAV4 against a mk5 RS 2000 4x4 to see how they compared given that they were both 4WD...........up to 80mph the RAV4 was always in front of the RS2000........now bear in mind the RS2000 was pretty comparable to the Mk3 Golf GTi 16v

I'm still dying to find out who the guy with the Boxster I keep annoying on the way into work most mornings is... :lol: he doesn't work all that far from me, and he gets onto the M56 at the same junction as me.... First time I remember seeing him, I left him for dead getting onto the M56... he then came storming past me a few moments later at about 120 (as I was sat happily at 85ish) with a look of sheer death on his face! :lol: Think he's realised there may be something a little abnormal about my Corrado now though, as he tends to get along side an have a look or just sit patiently behind me now and follow my lead onto the motorway! :lol: 8)

One of my work collegues was telling me that his car would out handle, out perform and out power my car not long ago, so I showed him the pic of me on 3 wheels, the timing slips from Pod and the rolling road print out and he kinda went quiet and asked if he could have a go in my car sometime soon! :lol: it's just a pity his looks nicer than mine at the moment (Alfa GTV) only 'cos the paint on mine's in need of attention... :(

well tbh jim..........she could well give you a run for yer money :shock: ............about 10 years ago Autocar tested a RAV4 against a mk5 RS 2000 4x4 to see how they compared given that they were both 4WD...........up to 80mph the RAV4 was always in front of the RS2000........now bear in mind the RS2000 was pretty comparable to the Mk3 Golf GTi 16v

LOL but you know that the MK5 RS2000 only had 150bhp and with 4WD to slow it down even more.... Jim's 200bhp beasty will blow it away :lol:

LOL but you know that the MK5 RS2000 only had 150bhp and with 4WD to slow it down even more.... Jim's 200bhp beasty will blow it away :lol:

very true.....but i was making the point that on paper the RAV4 had the smaller output and the RS had more........130-ish bhp IIRC versus 150bhp......and of course slightly inferior aerodynamics.......obviously jim's G60 would blast it away but it wouldn't be as comprhensive a victory as i'm sure he would imagine

Mine gets confused looks at the Stealers, the salesmen are the funniest when they see the TT dash in a Corrado they get very confused. :lol: :lol: :shock: Then they see the Porsche, seats and the Porsche wheels! :lol: :shock:

Actually it gets confused looks everywhere, even at VW shows! :D

Jay

Have you ever looked at the mirrors on a TVR, I think most people will recognise them!

Have you ever looked at the mirrors on a TVR, I think most people will recognise them!

There the same on nearly every TVR!! look slightly german to me??? :?

Cue another 'what other cars also have the Corrado mirrors' thread :lol:

The salesmen at my local stealers are always confused when they see my rado with porsche alloys, i get fed up explaining about h&r hub adaptors

ps.. soon to be lowered!

yip - gonna have to be MOT'd now unless someone wants it at a reduced price but that's a separate thread. PM me for details! :wink:

Was on a track day last week in a Caterham R500. Was kind of strange sitting on the tail of a TVR Tuscan waiting for it to get off the racing line so we could get past!!.... :twisted: If anyone ever gets a chance in a R500 - take it, they are awesome!!!

This happened a month or so ago! Park my car in my local main street - thinking it looks pretty sweet until some guy pulls up in a Tuscan and diverts all attention away from my poor scared looking little valver across the road! :oops:

rofl, I know what you mean, happens to me loads :(