Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

PLEASE LOCK - Work being done on my VR6

Well i have finally pulled my finger out and booked my car in for some tidy up work.

several spots of rust on the body, colour coded number plate surround and a new exhaust and a new Kamei eyebrow and a black VW badge.

Here are the pics. Before on the left After on the right.

th_01-nearsidereararchscratches_rust.jpg

th_02-nearsidedoorrust.jpg

th_03-nearsidedoorrustinside.jpg

th_04-nearsidewingrust1.jpg

th_05-nearsidewingrust2.jpg

th_06-offsidebumperscrape.jpg

th_07-offsidefrontarchrust.jpg

th_08-offsidedoorchips_rust.jpg

th_09-numberplatesurroundcolourcode.jpg

th_10-exhaustbefore1.jpg

th_11-exhaustbefore2.jpg

th_12-exhaustbefore3.jpg

will post the after pics when its been done!

Blimey, good choice to get it done. Where are you taking it? My C's going in to P&R out by Gog Magog on the 16th, so when it comes back it'll be better than new :D

Waaah I wanna get my body work sorted - what sort of money are you throwing at this? I've been quoted around the 250 quid mark to get the rust spot under the indicator and a few scratches taken care of. But that doesn't include the crease in the door, not the two pop dents.... :(

i know a guy (person that did all the respray work on my crx) so i'm getting ti nice and cheap (£300 all in :D)

it is alot of rust isnt it!!! i was suprised actually....guess it wasnt looked after all that well by the previous owner after all.

been wanting to get it done for a while....but the time has come (if it gets any worse the wing will need replacing!!)

But that doesn't include the crease in the door, not the two pop dents....

if the paint isnt broken, give dent devils a call....they'll be cheaper than taking it to a body shop for those bits.

jedi-knight83, I can vouch for this type of company,I`ve just had a few really bad ones taken out the creases in my doors.They are now perfect well worth the effort. 8)

dent devils was well worth it.

11th September for the exhaust

13th September for the body work

think im gonna try and tint my rear lights to all red at the same time :mrgreen: and maybe drop the rear suspension down one more notch....then get a P21S cleaning kit....should look like new for mid september!! :mrgreen:

dent devils was well worth it.

11th September for the exhaust

13th September for the body work

think im gonna try and tint my rear lights to all red at the same time :mrgreen: and maybe drop the rear suspension down one more notch....then get a P21S cleaning kit....should look like new for mid september!! :mrgreen:

Excellent work my friend :D With any luck, mine will too as it'll be back from the body shop and will get some TLC from my newly purchased P21S kit.

We need to organise a meet nearer the time! 8)