Sign in to follow this  
SatinSilvr6

Newbie says Hi!!!!

Alright folks from bonny Scotland.

Not currently a Corrado owner (little brother - Golf VR6) but hoping to sort that out in the very near future. :D

Spotted a Storm for sale, quite close by, but seems way overpriced (no photos). Contacted the seller (by e-mail) to find out what sort of trade in deal he would do on a 97 P 5-dr Silver Golf VR6 - 74000miles ex condition.

They replied with - trade in + £5000 - £6500. :evil:

Checked with Parker's for a Storm value (£5235) and with my local VW dealer for a value (£5500 - £7000) depending on condition.

Contacted the seller (by e-mail) to ask what has been done to the car to command such a high price and I am awaiting a reply.

The car:-

VOLKSWAGEN CORRADO VR6 STORM , Manual 5 speed, N Reg , 80,000 miles, Blue, MOT-07-2005. ABS, Electric mirrors, Foglights, Full service history, Heated screen, Heated seats, Leather seats, Metallic paintwork, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Sunroof. 17'' Kahn alloy wheel, new front tyres. This car is in mint condition.A rare chance to buy a scarce car. £9,500

Let me know what you think what you think.

Andy

£9,500 is taking the p... what your dealer said is about right. I really wouldn't pay over the odds for a Storm, because it's just a badge. You can get identical, if not better specced mint VR's for less than £6k easily.

And as far as I'm concerned, the fact that it doesn't still have the original wheels would lower it's value, as would things like an induction kit etc. If you're going to pay over the odds for a Storm, you want it to be in pristine, original condition, otherwise your're kind of negating the point of having a Storm.

Edit: oh and if you find a Storm for the £5250 it says in Parker's BUY IT!!! The trade guide numbers for Corrado's are rediculous.

Isn't that the one Roddy went to look at recently? There are some pics of it on here somewhere and it's not mint. Very good condition, but mint it ain't.

Besides, as already said, £9500 is a joke.

Yeah that's the one. Check the agricultural ride height!

There's nothing wrong with the standard ride height :p but it does look rediculous on those 17's without being lowered.

the standard corrado ride hight is way to high,who ever i talk to who are still at standard height always say they are going to lower it as soon as they can

yip thats the one i viewed last friday for lord neil........it is a very nice Corrado and is near mint for its age......but it is seriously overpriced.........which i even told the guy selling it....but i'm afraid he seems to be going on the fact it is rare a bit too much........oh and i forgot to mention on the description of it that its needing a new front fog due to the existing one being cracked.............

needing a new front fog due to the existing one being cracked.............

blimey, it really is quite standard then! :lol:

And a real minter :roll:

And a real minter :roll:

well to be fair on the guy selling......bar the front fog light being cracked, 2 scratches down to the primer,stonechipped bonnet and marked aftermarket alloys its not too far of being mint..........a wee bit of paint to sort the scratches and chips a new fog-light and stick on the refurbished(so i was told)solitudes and it would be mint.......the thing is he's vastly overpricing it and in a way is under the illusion its still going to make the strong money they did use to make 3-4 years ago

If I was paying top money for a Storm I'd expect it to not have a mark on it and the wheels to be pristine, not reconditioned... but then I guess that's just me