Sign in to follow this  
Nick_Micouris

Aircon VR6 owners comments?

Absolutely back up what Bruno has said. I was put onto Keith by Guy, and he's superb at sorting the Diavia set up. Thoroughly sorted my system out 2 years ago and it's still going strong.

Well, if anyone has retrofitted and can recommend an installer - let us know :)

ACE Air conditioning in Chertsey. He did Guy's, mine, and really does know the car well.

How much did he charge then?

Last time I asked Keith about this he said it would cost between 1000-1200 to fit air con from scratch.

hmmmmm pretty tempting i must admit.......just need to find a spare £1k-£1200 :( :wink:

all the cars i've had with air con you notice a loss off power and an increase in fuel usage :cry:

only use it when i really need to

TBH I'd rather be comfortable and use a little bit extra fuel than sweat like a pig just to save a few pence :)

I'm seriously interested in an off-season install too, summer is practically over anyway :wink:

Maybe we could get a deal if several of us are interested

I was thinking of just selling my VR6 and just getting one with aircon... But I really dont want to, as the car runs great, and everything works, even the sunroof :wink:

I'm sad to say that one of the reasons I chose my C was because it had air con. I've moved down to Surrey from the North and was getting sick of sweating my rollocks off in my Golf. I don't use it much now, except like Dan to clear the steamy windows ;) but I had it turned on last week and the car wasn't pulling very well - I couldn't keep up with mini! - and then I looked down and had the air con on still. I turned it off and then was able to slingshot past!

air-con rocks.

when my 2 kids are jammed in the back this summer and we're stuck in traffic, i reckon i'll be happy as larry with the cool interior. just my opinion mind ;)