R519

My second Corrado. Wish me luck!

Good evening, all. 

Just acquired a '95 VR6 and struggling to contain myself. Had a 1991 16v that was stolen and written off in '96. Never got over it so here we are. Question that I'm sure many of you have the answer to: which spoiler module do I need? Internet research to date suggests there might be two (535-919-845A and 535-919-845C). My guess is I need the latter one (part number ending in C) but any informed answers would be most welcome! Look forward to hearing what you're all doing with your great cars. Cheers R

Congrats on the new purchase, which I'm sure you'll enjoy.

What is the issue with the spoiler?

Welcome, there are two modules because there are 2 different speeds that the spoiler lifts at, UK spec is the lower of the 2 speeds I believe?

12 minutes ago, Dox said:

Welcome, there are two modules because there are 2 different speeds that the spoiler lifts at, UK spec is the lower of the 2 speeds I believe?

IIRC they are early or late model differences m8

my 1990 16v raises at 45mph

the 95 VR6 raises at 55mph

11 minutes ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

IIRC they are early or late model differences m8

my 1990 16v raises at 45mph

the 95 VR6 raises at 55mph

You could be right, but its the speed at which the spoliler lifts that the suffix of the part number denotes, all should work - plug and play?

1 minute ago, Dox said:

You could be right, but its the speed at which the spoliler lifts that the suffix of the part number denotes, all should work - plug and play?

true, i would imagine they would both work at a guess

Sean lists A, B, C in his for sale post.

On a different note, how many times have you had to brake hard watching the spoiler raise / lower in the rear view mirror lol

Many thanks one and all for the helpful replies. Fortunately the spoiler is happy atm but I wanted to know what I needed for when the inevitable (?) happens. 34 years on since my previous Corrado purchase I'm near the bottom of the learning curve! Good learning point about the rear view mirror, Dox...

When the Corrado first came out I heard from the dealer that the spoiler raised at about 80 mph or more. The police found this fairly helpful so there was a recall and they put one in that was 45 ish then changed to 55-58 mph with 1992 face lift. Congratulations by the way on your new purchase

Thank you, Shaun. She's currently elsewhere having a few minor things sorted and I can't wait to be reunited next week! I do recall my 1991 16v's spoiler rose at 45 and didn't know this had changed. Makes sense to me. Have a great BH weekend!