_Matt_

Alternator, Starter, PAS refurb results

Hi,

I was impressed with some refurbishment work I had done on the alternator, starter and PAS pump and thought I'd share the results. I didn't expect them to turn out so well so hope you enjoy the before and after shots as much as me. The chap puts on the oem stickers as well - nice touch.

Bury Farm Autoparts in Bedfordshire did the work for £300 for all 3 units. He said he sources original compenents from all over Europe. They are actually a breakers yard with this business on the side. Real nice chap doing the work too.

Alternator after 1.jpg

Alternator after 2.jpg

Alternator before 1.jpg

Alternator befpre.jpg

Starter after 1.jpg

Starter after.jpg

Starter before.jpg

• Like 1

great to see work like that.  My spare starter is also a bit crust and i'm struggling to remove the long screw holding the solenoid in place - totally rounded off.  Anyway, these are 'target' pics for me!

Hasan

They look the nuts mate. Definitely the right choice there. Win some eventually in this Corrado world.  

Cheers! I was very happy to see the results. The bearing on the alternator was noisey which prompted the job (and turns rough on the PAS too). I looked at the cost of new parts but it would have worked out more than what those guys charged for the refurb for Bosch or equiv parts. Really great to have a firm fairly central in the country that can fix our 30 year old parts! 

It is a slippery slope this game of making parts look pretty (and work properly too!). 

ahhh nice!  my VR alternator has been making some noises lately & i was looking around for options

thanks MJA, will give them a call