_Matt_

Drive side wishbone bolt/engine mount loosen

I should know this but not attempted the mounts on the VR6. I'd like to refurbish my wishbones before getting an alignment after doing some works in the area. I can see I need to jack up the engine to allow room for the front wishbone bolt to come out - I had a quick look at the mount and it seems there is bolt on the top securing a heatshield - does that go all the way through to secure the mount so I only need to take that out and I'm good to go with jacking engine as normal - basically same idea as the front mount which I've done a few time before?

Just getting my head around it before I jump in.

Cheers

Matt 

Anyway figured it out - for all of those that don't know - 13mm nut clamps bracket for o2 sensor and once removed you have access to the main bolt that runs through the mount. Remove bolt and you're free to jack up engine. Just as simple as the front mount.

Just a note as sounds like the knowledge has gone - you cannot remove the wishbone on a vr6 without either jacking up engine/dropping subframe/remove sump.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Good info, thanks for sharing. If you've taken any pics those might be useful too.

On 7/14/2022 at 9:11 PM, MJA said:

Anyway figured it out - for all of those that don't know - 13mm nut clamps bracket for o2 sensor and once removed you have access to the main bolt that runs through the mount. Remove bolt and you're free to jack up engine. Just as simple as the front mount.

Just a note as sounds like the knowledge has gone - you cannot remove the wishbone on a vr6 without either jacking up engine/dropping subframe/remove sump.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Late to the party I know, but last time I removed the sump to make it easier. What a ball ache 😂😂