ABV-VR6

Heater control speed 4

I looked at the sticky, all links don't work. Bit of an odd ball. So my heater was working on all 4 speed. Then I removed the dash to do the heater matrix and while I was there I replaced the green resistor "Febi" as a preventative maintenance. Now it only works on speed 4? Weird! Any idea what it could be? Defective, coincidence? Cheers 

IMG_20220925_192801409.jpg

IMG_20220925_192818577.jpg

On the original when the resister goes it only gives speed 4. If you have a good resistor it’s best to keep that and swap your 30 year old fan unit

6 hours ago, ABV-VR6 said:

I looked at the sticky, all links don't work. Bit of an odd ball. So my heater was working on all 4 speed. Then I removed the dash to do the heater matrix and while I was there I replaced the green resistor "Febi" as a preventative maintenance. Now it only works on speed 4? Weird! Any idea what it could be? Defective, coincidence? Cheers 

IMG_20220925_192801409.jpg

IMG_20220925_192818577.jpg

hi m8

i have checked the wikky & the links worked for me - the site currently doesnt like some newer web browsers

i have to use MS Edge as Brave wont work properly

try this link for your issue Fan speed thermal fuse repair - THE Corrado Forum Knowledge Base (the-corrado.net)

this was the fix we have stored for the fan speed 4 issue

let me know if you can get it to load ok?

The four speed right hand drive resistor 536 959 263 is not available aftermarket anywhere, the Febi resistor part number 19770 is 3 speed but if that is what you have used it should not be possible to plug it in as the centre pin is blank and won't accept the plug with five pins installed.

ac1a7f23c91a9a183bdd5c6701a18d1d87cc4784

Thanks to all of you for the help, really appreciate it. So.... I felt like to go to the bottom of this I had to do something I promised myself not to do again after replacing the heater matrix... I only had to remove a few trims though this time and got a access to it. Replaced it with the old one and got all 4 speeds working again! So that new one must be defective I guess. Case closed, up to the next ha haa. Cheers 

IMG_20220926_203725297.jpg

• Like 1