tony_ack

Corrado security

So, totally predictable post given the issues I've been having recently!

I have the Corrado factory immobiliser fitted and working, and the remains of a laserline system providing remote central locking and "alarm" (the siren is bust, so just flashing indicators) when it wants to work.

I don't need Cat 1 for the insurance, and now the legendary Toad Ai606 is discontinued, I'm looking for a decent replacement, but want something that's effective rather than just offering the standard cat1 features for the sake of it.

• Not fussed about extra immobilisation as Cat 1 systems are easy to bypass (but if there is immobilisation, I'd rather have one that did not arm passively or if it did, that worked off proximity to the reader rather than buttons/touch pads when trying to start the car)
  • open to having an alarm or not, silent alarm or tracker perhaps
  • needs secure remote central locking (i.e. protected against code grabbing) with full closure (button on a fob is fine here!)

im in a similar position, although i believe i need Cat1 for agreed value next year

i had a ring round end of last year & a few places were mentioning Sigma but what they were telling me didnt sit right

when i 1st brought the 16v 20 odd years ago i had a mobile installer come & fit an alarm/immob to it - i remember it well as it was he who showed me how to tell if a car has "closure" capabilities.  the early models only close the windows when lock the door & hold the key in lock position, late models do sunroof as well.

the point of this was he said he only had to attach 1 wire to the Sigma system & it would operate the full closure via the key fob

skip to 20 years later & the last place i spoke to was saying i needed expensive additional controller boxes for a Sigma alarm to give full closure - the guy was even questioning if i knew my car had it built in

as such i shant be using that place but i am hoping to find a solution this month so will post anything i find

I have a Clifford fitted. I just use the basic functions ie press a button to lock and unlock. It’s also connected to a tracker, if the alarm goes off, battery disconnects or it’s moving on a trailer they ring me up to confirm all is ok. 
When I was pricing it up, the guy at the shop was telling me I needed a closure module, I was insistent it didn’t. When he came to fitting the alarm he said I was right and it wouldn’t cost any extra

Guys I know for a fact toad Ai606 have been fazed out and they were the most reliable-  but my man in brum ceds alarms has a few left nos ones - give him a bell. CEDS brum you shall find google. Give him a calli he snapped up the last batch. 

Edited by Keyo

I've got a Hornet Cat1 fitted and never had a false alarm or any other problems with it in 5 years of having it fitted.

It has 2 immobilisers and total closure. To be honest I just took what was recommended to me by the alarm fitter. There were other options available at the time but I cant remember what they were.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, Keyo said:

Guys I know for a fact toad Ai606 have been fazed out and they were the most reliable-  but my man in brum ceds alarms has a few left nos ones - give him a bell. CEDS brum you shall find google. Give him a calli he snapped up the last batch. 

hi keyo - thanks for the info - does that guy fit them as well?

im not far from him hopefully

thanks

On 10/24/2022 at 11:12 AM, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi keyo - thanks for the info - does that guy fit them as well?

im not far from him hopefully

thanks

Yes mate he does good price as well - he did my Mk2 and vr6 - he also fixed my old immobiliser on the g60 - probs looking at at sub £300 all in - has the coolest alarm poster advertisements in his reception that he got over the years too /  ive tried to buy a few of them off him for some garage art  ha ! 

Edited by Keyo