Cressa

Front wheel bearings, recommendations please

As my front wheel bearings keep getting pulled up on the MOT I am trying to fing the time to change the 

VW  NLA

FAG which i just fitted to the mk2 golf are great but i can't find them for the VR

Any suggestions please. This was to be a xmas break job but I was let down by a seller. 

SKF are a good brand too. I went for FAG on my Corrado and have Meyle HD on the mk3 16v

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361708204477

Do you know if your axles have been separated from the wheel hub before? I had a hell of job breaking the factory grip on the mk3 - 20tonne press, impact gun, tools specifically made for the job too and struggled for days. With the Corrado I saved myself the hassle and got Stealth to do it! 

I wish I could find the FAG ones. I've gone off SKF as the mk2 ones were a pain for me.

Fortunately these have been off a couple of thousand miles ago, so hoping for that bit to go okay 🤞

Yes. That is who I ordered a pair from on 11th Dec, never arrived.... just received my money back this week.

There were also some advertised as genuine NOS but suddenly not for my car. I wonder if people forget to remove the adverts when they have no srock

The FAG part number is on the bay listing, googling said number brings up a few suppliers inc auto doc

Edited by Dox

The best three known bearing manufacture's in no order fag- skf - nsk- all are good and oe to  German brands. 

Ive been doing a bit of research on bearings and the bearing will be code size - skf has a pdf of what the codes mean on their website. Yours will be a 2rs bearing ( 2 rs sealed both sides) Then you have different codes for a ridge for circlip - or c code which means internal clearance of ball bearing- if you can read the codes on your old bearing- you will be able to buy that bearing direct which will be peanuts.  

Edited by Keyo

• Inner diameter [mm]: 40,00
  • Outer diameter [mm]: 72,06
  • Width [mm]: 37,00

Without investigating from what I have learnt NR code means snap ring (it will have a grove and a circlip included

Seals both sides will be code  2RS      

Edited by Keyo