fincorrado

Automatic spoiler g60

My corrado spoiler worked last summer perfectly, went up at 120km/h and down 20-60km/h didnt watch that much. But now its going up and down continously, doesnt matter what speed i'm driving.

Manual button works. MFA ''secret menu'' switch position 2 and point 4 should be Signal from speed sensor, and its only rising whole time, should it show your speed or what? I was thinking spoiler control module get wrong signal from speed. Or where should i start to look my problem?

Does your speedometer work in the dash?

From memory the vehicle speed is passed around on a blue/white wire.
So from the gearbox sender (near the diff) the wire goes to one of the little 4-way connector blocks above the fusebox (it will have a few blue connectors in there - see the picture here http://the-corrado.net/topic/86840-heated-seat-wiring-earth/?do=findComment&comment=1030915). One wire then takes the vehicle speed to the dash and another will take the signal to the spoiler control module. The spoiler control module is behind the dash where the manual switch is.

If your speed displays correctly on the clocks, it could be an iffy earth (especially as it worked fine last summer).
Check the earth connector near the spoiler controller - follow the brown wire.
And then the earth block in the rear hatch by the spoiler itself.

Do the reverse and number plate lights illuminate correctly on the hatch? Are they dim? Or do they dim when the spoiler moves?

Report back with your findings...

My wire speedometer works fine. Mfa/digitally speedometer only rising and stops. Digital speedometer rising while im parking and do about 3000rpm revs.

also noticed that if i manually rise spoiler while parking and give some rpm 3000-3500 spoiler goes down. Ill check those connections next week and let you know.

On 5/5/2023 at 1:11 AM, Philly-R6 said:

Does your speedometer work in the dash?

From memory the vehicle speed is passed around on a blue/white wire.
So from the gearbox sender (near the diff) the wire goes to one of the little 4-way connector blocks above the fusebox (it will have a few blue connectors in there - see the picture here http://the-corrado.net/topic/86840-heated-seat-wiring-earth/?do=findComment&comment=1030915). One wire then takes the vehicle speed to the dash and another will take the signal to the spoiler control module. The spoiler control module is behind the dash where the manual switch is.

If your speed displays correctly on the clocks, it could be an iffy earth (especially as it worked fine last summer).
Check the earth connector near the spoiler controller - follow the brown wire.
And then the earth block in the rear hatch by the spoiler itself.

Do the reverse and number plate lights illuminate correctly on the hatch? Are they dim? Or do they dim when the spoiler moves?

Report back with your findings...

Today i took off automatic wire off from fuse box and yes it is correct wire checked 3 times. So i could use even manual option. Still lowering randomly my spoiler any options whats wrong?

Check the blue/white wire in the radio loom - it is probably connected wrong or earthing against something randomly. It should only be connected if you have a radio that support speed dependent volume control (GALA) and not many do.

Otherwise, the spoiler control module may be at fault, and worth swapping out with one that is known to work.

• Thanks 1