Stone0311

'Lights on' Reminder

Sure plenty have done this before but if not details attached for a simple 'lights on' alarm using 58e (Grey) and x (black/yellow) from the back of the headlamp switch.

I used a 12v intermittent beeper for the alarm e8daf13d1125ca96badb007c22352c9e.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Good tip

I would advise to put a fuse on that brown wire. Cars have caught fire in and the past as when the switch packs in it can send heavy amps through that wire and it fry’s the back of the dash unless you can kill the power. I have experienced this almost disaster on 2 previous Corrado’s. It won’t happen to my current one though. 

You can use the standard VW lights on buzzer relay from a Mk3 or later, and run some wiring to it - I think it was an earth, feed from sidelights or dash illumination circuit and the driver's door contact switch - I did this about 10 years ago, but haven't looked at it in a while - I'll see if I can find anything in the archives.

Edited by fendervg

Good tip
I would advise to put a fuse on that brown wire. Cars have caught fire in and the past as when the switch packs in it can send heavy amps through that wire and it fry’s the back of the dash unless you can kill the power. I have experienced this almost disaster on 2 previous Corrado’s. It won’t happen to my current one though. 
Fuse on the factory ground?
What size did you put in?

14 minutes ago, Stone0311 said:

Fuse on the factory ground? emoji106.png
What size did you put in?

5 amp. It’s the earth for the light in the switch