K Simmonds

Breaking 1989 LHD Corrado G60, Low Milage.

• I am reluctanatly breaking my 1989 Corrado G60 which started it's life in holland so is LHD, the the first couple of year's of UK cars with the G60 motor were left hookers anyway.  I stuffed it through a hedge a couple of years ago requiring a a complete new front end.  That's not too much of a problem, however the offside cill sustained some pretty serious damage which has just about effected the floor pan making a proper repair extreamly time consuming.  

The car is Tornado Red/pink and is currently on around 116,000 Kiometers,  I retained the orginal clocks, as I was planning keeping the car for life.  Since I purchaased the Corrado 11 years ago a great deal has changed, I now own an Audi RS2 with a 380bhp MTM conversion done from new in Germany under warrenty from Audi.  I'm only the second owner and the car has done 102,000 miles with a Full Audi service history stapped up in the book up until 97,000.  It's very sraight and solid, however it's reached the time in it's life where it requires proventative resoration which is not going to be cheap despite being a mechanic myself and doing all the work.

I also have a 2.8 V6 C4 (1991) Avant quattro, this is 177 bhp,  has buckets of torque and is my daily driver.  Finally I have a solid but a litle tatty looking 1989 Audi 80 quattro, it's poverty spec, so manual windows and a pretty underpowered 2.0 short stroke engine which maybe of interest to someone on here.  I'm going to break my Corrado as much as it saddens me to do so and install the G60 engine into my 80, which as it's stripped out weighs very little and I feel will make a fun car as well being something a little differnt.  I changed the oil in it every couple of thousand miles and it had it's charger rebuit by JMR not long before I broke it so I know it's good reliable motor.

Please PM me with parts requests or post on this thread, everything aside from the engine and parts to makeit run is available.

Here's some prices, I'm somwhat out of touch with the world of Corrados so am making a best guess at the prices of the following parts all of which are negotiable.  I would preffer collection on most of the bigger stuff but am happy to send smaller items.  I'd like to avoid sending stuff to the EU.

Very, very tidy black leather interior, complete with all switchs and surrounds as well as the door pockets which have their (undamaged) speaker covers still and indeed OE speakers which work fine... £1200 collected

Instrument clusters, got two of these. Both fully functional. £150 for the ones from my car which I think as swowing about 118K and a set from a 1988 16V on about 180K miiles, willl chceck the exact K's/Mike, though I need to find the Miles set as it's buried in my attic somewhere.

Bumpers, I have two pairs of these both in Tornado Red, rears are £50 a shot, front's are £100.

Tailgate complete with fully functional rear spoiler.. £300

Set of orginal Sebring wheels with center caps, all dead straight and crack free however they need rerub though I think I have six.

Black leather steering wheel, excellent condition. £200.

Unmolested parcel shelf with decent hangers. £100

Good quailty SS exhaust system, was designed to go with a decat pipe so I've altered it to fit a Cat. £500.

Front brakes, complete set up, including bearing carriers. £150.

Window regulators, got a pair of these per side as the spare doors I purchased were complete. £150 each.

Intercooler, £150.

PAS racks, got a couple of these, £150 for the one from my car so very low milage. £100 for the other which came from a 1988 1.8-16V KR engine car on 180K miles. The engine and box from this are long gone, however I still have a few bit's and bob's left from that car.

G60 rear badgeS, though ibe

Gearbox which has just had new geniuine Audi oil.

LHD Black carpet, close to mint. £150

Nearside wing in Black from the 16V, surprisinly solid unlike the offside one which has rusted away in storage. £50

Very, very tidy black leather interior, complete with all switchs and surrounds as well as the door pockets which have their (undamaged) speaker covers still and indeed OE speakers which work fine... £1200 collected

Instrument clusters, got two of these. Both fully functional. £150 for the ones from my car which I think as swowing about 118K and a set from a 1988 16V on about 180 K mikes Will chceck the exact K's/Mike, though I need to find the Miles set as it's buried in my attic somewhere.

Bumpers, I have two pairs of these both in Tornado Red, rears are £50 a shot, front's are £100.

Tailgate complete with fully functional rear spoiler.. £300

Set of orginal Sebring wheels with center caps, all dead straight and crack free however they need rerub though I think I have six.

Black leather steering wheel, excellent condition. £200.

Unmolested parcel shelf with decent hangers. £100

Good quailty SS exhaust system, was designed to go with a decat pipe so I've altered it to fit a Cat. Woild need to check the maker but Super Sprint rings a bell £500.

The Cat itself, £150 with no ettering head which is onlt a little over the scrap price.

Front brakes, complete set up, including bearing carriers. £150.

Window regulators, got a pair of these per side as the spare doors I purchased were complete. £150 each.

Intercooler, £150.

PAS racks, got a couple of these, £150 for the one from my car so very low milage. £100 for the other which came from a 1988 1.8-16V KR engine car on 180K miles. The engine and box from this are long gone, however I still have a few bit's and bob's left from that car.

Gearbox which has just had new geniuine Audi oil.  £350.

Complete gear linkage.  £100.

LHD Black carpet, close to mint. £150

Nearside wing in Black from the 16V, surprisinly solid unlike the offside one which has rusted away in storage. £50

Straight doors, £100 each.

Got various K-Jet metering heads and one warm up regulator. No idea of condition. The warm rgs are pretty bomb proof however so that proably simply wants a clean out. I can do this for the buyer but it really isn't a complex job.

Prices are only a guide, am happy listen to offers.

I can now also copy and paste this list to the couple of VW forums I'm members of.

Right that'll do for now, and very happy tol isten to sensible offer and I will send items to to the EU if it's worth my time.

x
Upload Attachments

I'd like to have edited the above post but wasn't aware there is only a small window of time to do this, oh well I think folk will know what I mean and I shall be more carful in future.

It would be worth adding your location, we're all hoarders and would be tempted if local to you.

Goo point sir...🙃

I'm located on the Welsh boaders near Hay-on Wye, so about halfwa between Herford and Brcon.

Also got a decent 180 BHP 1.8T engine I removed from a 1999 8L A3 a few ago which I will no longer need.  It's just a bare head and block but was a good motor before I broke the car due to rust. I was keeping it as an option for the Corrado but have sold quite a few bits off it, still got the inlet manifold which I'll include in the price.

£250 collected.

The prices I've listed are just rough guesses at the value of parts am open to sensible offers on everything.

The interior needs a dam good clean but is in exceptional condtion for such an old car, I guess the LHD door cards aren't ideal as whilst you can fit them to a RHD car you'll need to make a blanking plate for the holes for the window switches.

The gearbox is lovely being from such a low milage car that never been modded.

How much are you looking for the rad mate?

I think I might take the rear bumpers also, or at least one of them.

I'd like £100 for the Rad complete with cowls and the top cover which still has the original factory sticker on it...  The car has OE coolant in it so the rad will clean inside.

As mentioned the car has only done 116K Kilometer and I'm a mechanic and the first UK owner and I looked after that car extreamly well, for a while it was the top car in my collection... Then I got sucked into the world of hyper fast 380BHP S2's/RS2's so the Corrado hasn't been driven for years, it has been started occasionly to keep everything moving properly.

You are welcone to a bumper or two, one of them is mint, the other is very good but requires prep and painting to look nice, I'd do you a bit of a deal on the pair to get them gone...

Were about's are you?  I don't do sending bumpers, had to many mishap's in the past so they are collection only.

Despite duffing the front end through a hedge the slam panel and front bumper didn't get damaged, though both wings, bonnet and offside door and sill got mangeled.

That's a fair price being a complete unit, so i will definitely  buy that off you.

I didn't think about size, weight and distance when I posted.  I'm in Coventry, where about's are you?

I'm on the Welsh border near Brecon so quite a distance from you... I'm quite happy to package the radiator up and send it by Parcelforce 48. I find they're the least likely to break stuff, that'll cost about £15 fully insured. I could get it ready tomorrow if you need it in a hurry. PM me for payment details please, I do PayPal and bank transfer.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

I'm not in any hurry at all and I may want to get some other parts as well.  Is collection in person possible please?  I could grab a bumper and (anything else I decide on)

If you wanted a deposit to secure the rad just PM your paypal and I will send over £20 tomorrow day time.

Thanks.

Collection in person is preffered, I much rather buyers see items in flesh before parting with any money.  So you are very welcome to visit.

Will drop you a PM tomorrow with all my details.

Hi there, looking for drivers side door handle if ok condition and works, and passenger side speaker cover (as LHD), if you can include pics, i will need posted 

What size are wheels ? how are tyres ? how much for set of 4?

So far the only parts that have definatly been sold are the radiator and the plastics the go with it...

Provisionaly sold are...

The fog light's,

NS indicator,

Rear axle assembly.

The car is going to advertised as breaking on eBay this weekend so I expect stuff start shifting more quickly then, though I will do better deals to members on here as that cuts out the eBay fee's which are now just silly and the site is no longer very seller friendly.

I've had a better look at what wheels I have and have found I actually have four very tidy original Sebring alloys as well as a tatty but straight spare, I thought I had a another but can't find it so I guess it's been sold.  I also have four undamaged center cap's to go with them and the tidy rims are also straght and uncracked, the tyres are all absoutly shagged so I will be removing these.  Only one holds air properly for any length of time so I can't see any reason to even leave them on even as tempory rubber.  I can remove as well as fit and ballance new tyres if the buy wishes and can collect as I will not send wheels with tyres on, packing a set properly takes a bloody day and mountains of bubble wrap.

I will however happily send bare wheel's in a consingment of two boxes using ParcelForce 48, I will not use any other courier as they're too rough with stuff or loose (steal) items. Plus they're actually pretty good on price the last set of four 15" rims I sent cost about £35 including proper insurance.

I'd like £300 ono + postage for the five bare wheels and center caps, given that sets of center caps go for nearly £100 on eBay I think this is a fair price, part of the cost is to cover my time packing them up which still takes ages as I do a very good job, they won't get damaged in transit unless the van crashes and catches on fire.

I will fit and ballance new tyres to them for £5 a rim to cover the sundries used such as weights etc plus a little for my time if the buyer brings their new tyres with them.  I recomend fitting the correct 185/55/15's as oppossed to cheaping out on 195/50's as they fit better and are correctly suited to the weight of the car.

Thanks , if would you ship to Ireland?

How about the speaker covers/grilles? for front doors, if you have in black i would consider both

Sorry but they're not for sale seperatly to the door cards...  I sold my spare set last year on eBay for an insane £100.

I will not split up the interior in anyway, really it all needs to go in another LHD car.

The door handle I can help with, mine are both excellent.

Drop me a PM for contact details please.

I forgot to say my car is LHD so my passenger door is the offside so the door handle that side has barely been used.

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, K Simmonds said:

Getting lot of interest in interior parts... So removing them today with clean hands.😉

If stored indoors and pulling outside to work on the car, beware the headlining falling in. One day  in the sun after 7 years inside and the liner collapsed covering cream leather with orange sticky snot!

it gets everywhere 

Edited by Dox

Oh yes... I know all about the orange foam of death, we have it under our Audi headlings as well... Terrible stuff!

I've removed the seats already, the car probably won't be moved now from breaking position just outside my workshop.

It a non sunroof car and the headling and indeed the entire interior is mint.

Thanks for the warning though, I've got to deal with it on my RS2, I'm taking the seats out of the car and covering the carpet before even thinking of touching the bloody headling.